Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

X5 price

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2006, 05:10 PM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X5 price

Just asking on behalf of a friend who is selling his X5 3.0 diesel sport .
(no honestly its not mine ,ive never had one .)

Heated seats ,Zenons ,FSH ,15,000 MILES .His car from new .One owner.
£42 new, on 54 plate

What sort of price should he be asking ?

Sensible replies appreciated .
Regards
Rob.
Old 21 November 2006, 05:26 PM
RobEvo5
Scooby Regular

Not sure on price..... best look in parkers guide for an indication. But the 3.0 Deisal sport is the most disireable of the range. Quite fancy one of these for the missus, but my budget would only stretch to a 2001.

Use parkers as only an indication - Like I say supply and demand and this is the best of the range.
Old 21 November 2006, 05:33 PM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RobEvo5
Not sure on price..... best look in parkers guide for an indication. But the 3.0 Deisal sport is the most disireable of the range. Quite fancy one of these for the missus, but my budget would only stretch to a 2001.

Use parkers as only an indication - Like I say supply and demand and this is the best of the range.

Yes I must say it is a good looking ,sounding motor ,but a bit out of my range .

Colour is a Grey metallic colour .
Old 21 November 2006, 05:49 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

Has it got the comms pack, Sat Nav, TV etc? Auto gearbox?
Old 21 November 2006, 05:53 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Old 22 November 2006, 07:30 AM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Reffro]Has it got the comms pack, Sat Nav, TV etc? Auto gearbox?[/QUOTE

He has the auto box.
Old 22 November 2006, 08:19 AM
simo
Scooby Regular

Glasses guide against a trade in says

Vehicle details Valuation details
Make BMW Excellent condition £30750
Model X5 Average condition £27000
Variant 5 door Station Wagon Automatic
Below average condition
£23750
Engine 3.0TD Diesel Retail £33750
Trim Sport Cost new £42772
Year/Plate 2004 54
Mileage 15,000

Disclaimer
All valuations given are based on a single transaction with a bona fide motor dealer involving the sale of the consumer's car in part exchange for the purchase of a different car from the same dealer.
Values are not cash values, replacement prices, private sales values or insurance settlements and therefore must not be used for any other valuation purposes whatsoever.

So I recon sti-04 is about right.
Old 22 November 2006, 12:28 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

£1 per mile in depreciation alone .
Old 25 November 2006, 03:26 PM
The Greenwood
Scooby Regular

As a trader my advice would be to stay away from these 'guides'. So many people sit before me telling me their car is worth so much according to some internet guide or parkers book. They are not worth looking at to be honest and will make you look daft when you start quoting it. As always a car is only worth what someone will pay for it, i advise people to look in the local auto trader as these are real cars and will give you a much more realistic price.
Old 25 November 2006, 03:36 PM
WHEELSHOP0_0
Scooby Regular

^^^^^^ Agreed, in this instance there is a difference of £10k between below and retail condition on a car that has covered 15,000 miles also some cars are always "behind book" or "into book" as for the value in the real world just try and get "book" for certain Saab's or Alfa's and see if the book is accurate.
The only true figure is what they sell for in your area at this precise moment, the guide covers the whole country and certain cars are very hot in London but you could not give them away in the Highlands of Scotland and vice versa. When checking ads that are in Autotrader ask if they are sold as the asking price does not mean thats what they get.(You can tell how many times its been advertised in the ads ).
Old 25 November 2006, 04:19 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

About £25-26k would be easily achievable...
Old 25 November 2006, 06:42 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blueblaster
£1 per mile in depreciation alone .
Like I care
Old 25 November 2006, 10:27 PM
Smiler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Greenwood
As a trader my advice would be to stay away from these 'guides'. So many people sit before me telling me their car is worth so much according to some internet guide or parkers book.
Almost every dealer says this.

Only one problem. Why do you always advertise the car at, or even more, that the dealer prices in these books. You can't have it both ways.

I tried to buy a car recently from a main dealer. It was a straight buy, no part ex, no finance. They paid £15.5-16K for it. Let me walk when I offered £17.5K and not a penny more.
Old 25 November 2006, 10:41 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^^^^^AGREED^^^^^^^

Dealers HATE the very idea that you have some information which they would like you NOT to have!!!!

Stuff them .... you do NOT look stupid when you quote guide prices!! What do they do?? Stick their heads behind the desk and flick through a NATIONAL Glass's Guide!!

Dealers are ****** basically ... treat them as the morons they are and clean up a deal!!

Just my hard nosed Yorkshire opinion
Old 25 November 2006, 10:47 PM
scoobygez
Scooby Regular

i actually agree with pslewsi!!! dealers are ******. they offer rock bottom and half the time pretend to be private sellers ******* all of em.. with there old statement gotta put bread and butter on table, looks like cavior to me, i aint no white flag!! as whats know in the trade!!!
Old 26 November 2006, 05:30 PM
Trucker Ted
Scooby Regular

The thing i hate about dealers is they always ask, "well how much do you want for your car", thats when i look at a similar one on their forecourt and mention that price as this must be how much its worth. They usually rock backwards and then say ohhh ,it doesn't work like that . Ha ha

As for looking at the guides ,they all do it and they want to give you bottom book for your trade in whillst charging top book for the new car!!
Old 26 November 2006, 05:53 PM
56blacksti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Greenwood
As a trader my advice would be to stay away from these 'guides'. So many people sit before me telling me their car is worth so much according to some internet guide or parkers book. They are not worth looking at to be honest and will make you look daft when you start quoting it. As always a car is only worth what someone will pay for it, i advise people to look in the local auto trader as these are real cars and will give you a much more realistic price.
so why do traders always get there little books out when you go to trade a car in
Old 26 November 2006, 06:03 PM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

I have just sold one of these privately for a friend, 54 Plate Black X5 3.0D Sport Auto all the toys including Playstation 2, twin rear screens, TV in the front.

12k Miles, mint for £29,800.00

Stealer offered £23k
Old 26 November 2006, 09:04 PM
DJ Vinyl Ritchie
BANNED

Originally Posted by ZIPPY
I have just sold one of these privately for a friend, 54 Plate Black X5 3.0D Sport Auto all the toys including Playstation 2, twin rear screens, TV in the front.

12k Miles, mint for £29,800.00

Stealer offered £23k
That's disgusting. That's why I have an intense nauseous feeling with these cretins.

offer you 23k mark it up for 30k+

I'd much rather take the Synthol induced arm of Greg Valentino up the rectum, than do business with these bunch of neanderthals.

DJ Vinyl Ritchie....... I once appeared on the Jeremy Kyle show in my Birthday suit, for a swingers anonymous special show, not that rubbish Trisha Goddard. Keep a look out for it folks
Old 26 November 2006, 09:20 PM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

the cars practically as new.
Looks like he is going to take a big hit,but i will tell him to hang out for private sale
thanks for replies.
Old 27 November 2006, 11:59 AM
The Greenwood
Scooby Regular

I'm afraid one usually gets similar comments whilst educating people about the value of their vehicles. I agree the general public are much more clued up about vehicle prices these days due to television programmes and the internet, its all good if it is the correct information. I want to do a deal on any vehicle and if it makes financial sense (ie not loose money) then it will be done. A gentleman is coming to see me this morning with a year old Mazda 6, i will call a few local Mazda dealers and put the vehicle on auto-trade mail to get the best underwrite i can and that is the part exchange valuation, it really is as simple as that. Some of these 'guides' can show £2k difference on the same car so it is lazy and often expensive for a salesperson to quote from a book.
People often ask for a discount for giving me cash with no part exchange and say 'cash is king' or something similar. The fact is we are charged by the bank for depositing cash and make money on car finance so it does not work like that. Also the part exchange may be something we can have a go at and make a bit of money on so it can be in our favour to take a car in as well.
It is no secret that you will get more money by selling your car yourself. It just depends whether people can be mithered paying to advertise their car and have all the tyre kickers and test pilots come round (or not turn up at all). Many people don't want strangers coming round to their house and seeing what they have so part exchange is a viable option. The motor trade in general does have a negative image and we work hard to try and change this perception. I could go on all day about how many times we have been ripped off by customers in various ways! Good luck with the X5.
Old 27 November 2006, 12:00 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

prob get about £100 from local scrappy who can crush it and its problem solved pmsl
Old 27 November 2006, 12:06 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby-Doo
Like I care
"I don't care that I am losing mountains of cash". Either really rich or really stupid.
Old 27 November 2006, 01:00 PM
Bat-Fink
Scooby Regular

"I don't care that I am losing mountains of cash". Either really rich or really stupid.

I took the I don't care a response to the people with Bmw comments.

Like Subaru is premimum marque.
Old 27 November 2006, 01:33 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

Given he quoted me and drives an X5 I don't think so.
Old 27 November 2006, 01:35 PM
Bat-Fink
Scooby Regular

Given he quoted me and drives an X5 I don't think so.
It was a stupid reply you gave.
Old 27 November 2006, 03:01 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

So you don't think that a car that depreciates at a rate of £1 per mile is a stupid purchase?

Also, I find it highly ironic to be called stupid by someone who can neither spell nor use grammar correctly.
Old 27 November 2006, 04:19 PM
RobEvo5
Scooby Regular

As said above, do a national search on Autotrader and pitch your price on what this shows. Forget book figures. Some cars work against book figures and some work for book figures. For example look at a book price on a VGC early WRX and it probably sais something like £1000 but as we all know in the real market they will get more.

Supply and demand.

A Sport X5 3.0D is the best in the range and most disirable, and most would pay the price if they are looking for one.

With regards to dealers - Hate them myself, and have lost £1000's to them over the years. I can handle the fact the will give naff all money for the car, to be honest you come to expect this. The choice is yours, you don't have to sell to them, you can just as easily have money tied up and have tyre kickers looking at your car and sell privately. Depends on your situation at the time.

I hate dealers because most of them never agree a price and stick to it, they always come along with a smug, condesending attitude, that never want to pay the price agreed intially. They will always give plenty of bull*it, put your car down, that you know is inveriably better than most examples on the market and tear your car to shreads. This is all very well, but you have invariably resided yourself at this point that you are going to take a hit on the price, and already financially sorted yourself out on the basis of a previously agreed price. At this point, they have you over a barrel and you can't afford not to take a deal whatever it may be. There are some nice dealers out there but very far and few between.

And to be honest you cant be a successful dealer and be nice, honest, decent and have integrity and make a good living. Decent person and car dealer are a contradiction of terms.

Want my advice with regards to pricing and selling of a X5 3.0D. Look at autotrader prices, then price yours 10% under the cheapest and you will still get loads more than a dealer, and sell very quickly privately. This will then leave you cash in the bank to reverse the game and negotiate hard with a dealer if you want to buy from trade. Personally I would also look to buy private as well and take out a private warranty that will be twice as good as the warranty a dealer would offer, which often aren't worth the paper they are written on.

Rant! over.! but there is probably some good advice in there somewhere.

Last edited by RobEvo5; 27 November 2006 at 04:26 PM.
Old 27 November 2006, 04:33 PM
Bat-Fink
Scooby Regular

So you don't think that a car that depreciates at a rate of £1 per mile is a stupid purchase?

Also, I find it highly ironic to be called stupid by someone who can neither spell nor use grammar correctly.
It doesn't depreciate a pound a mile unless you can prove me otherwise.

My spelling and grammar is fine I think you'll find.
Old 27 November 2006, 05:02 PM
MattOz
Scooby Regular

I'd expect it to be a £30k car or thereabouts. Comms pack will see that figure more achieveable. Without comms, maybe £28k.

Matt

Quick Reply: X5 price