Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Fiesta SI ??

Search this Thread

Old 10 November 2006, 10:38 PM
nickwrxstiV2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiesta SI ??

My GF has a bit of a duff 306 Diesel at the minute. Something different has gone wrong every month! Last month it was a new engine because of a major oil leak fromn the head gasket. It leaked 4 litres of oil in 2 miles!!!!

I might be in the market to buy a cheap Fiesta SI and the put a Mondeo Mk1 2.0 16v in it. I've read up and it is pretty easy. Have done a project like this with an old nova 2 years ago.

Any problems with them apart from the obvious rust on the arches and fuel filler cap?

Thanks,

Nick
Old 10 November 2006, 10:57 PM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

I'd be interested in how hard this conversion is to do as well... always assumed it was a difficult conversion as peeps seem to prefer the Corsa/Nova 2.0 16v conversion.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 11 November 2006, 01:20 AM
ddb85
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nickwrxstiV2
Any problems with them apart from the obvious rust on the arches and fuel filler cap?
no because the Si was a mk3.5 which had a fuel flap instead

Last edited by ddb85; 11 November 2006 at 03:27 AM.
Old 11 November 2006, 09:43 AM
nickwrxstiV2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RS Grant
I'd be interested in how hard this conversion is to do as well... always assumed it was a difficult conversion as peeps seem to prefer the Corsa/Nova 2.0 16v conversion.

Cheers,
Grant
If you buy the 1.6 SI it is a zetec, the 1.4 was an EFI CVH engine. Apparently all you have to swap is the water pump, throttle bocy, ECU, injectors,MAF, sump and dipstick. The mountings are all the same!

Have a look here -

2.0 Zetec into 1.6 Si - full conversion guide. | Fiesta Forums

Doesn't look to hard at all! I've done a 1.8 OHC engine into a Nova 2-3 years ago. Now that was a nightmare! It was originally a 1.2 carb, so had to change the tank, wiring, fuel lines, disc conversion on back, motorsport driveshafts and hubs, GSI front disks and calipers, had to wire in the new EFI ECU in to the carb loom!!! Torque steer was a biatch!!!!

Nick

edit - the Vauxhall 2.0 16v was 150bhp, mondeo zetec 130bhp, might be why?
Old 11 November 2006, 10:10 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

That 1.25 Si engine is as sweet as any you will find . I ran one from new from 1996-2001. Quite simply the best balanced car I have ever driven which explains why the Puma, which was based on the Fiesta, was so well recieved. Please think long and hard before replacing the wonderful Yamaha engine.

I remember drifting my car across three lanes of a big damp roundabout at some horrendous time of the morning. I didn't mean to do it and couldn't do it again, but it felt like it was drifting forever. Ah....my mis-spent youth
Old 12 November 2006, 05:02 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Mine was a mk3.5, with a fuel flap and that went rusty so it's worth a look. Obviously check the rear arches too, if they're ok it's a sign of repair!! Also, check under the rubber seals in the door shuts, a comon rust area. Check the front wishbone bushes (rearmost), they'll most likely be knackered and need replacing every 12-18 months if driven 'properly' mine used to snap the rear anti roll bar mounts, easy to change and cost about three quid, in fact I think I have a spare! My seat broke too, might be worth looking at that, again, easy fix.

I think they're great cars, I had a lot of fun in mine I was gonna do the 2l thing but circumstances changed and it had to go...it's still on my list of things to do after my lottery win!