Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

R33 GTST

Search this Thread

Old 09 November 2006, 08:38 PM
wonfa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R33 GTST

Im selling my car and ive got a mate who might be interested in a deal with me with his R33 GTST, he wants to pretty much swap
ive driven it and its a lovely motor, the problem ive got is i can keep it as we are expecting our first which is why im selling the scoob
my question is that is the skyling easier to sell or would i get stung and make a big loss?

the skyline has been in the country over a year with my mate as the only uk owner, its an L reg in wine red with 50Km on the clock, the M body kit (skirts chin spoiler and rear spoiler in contrating silver), ss exhaust and filter,boost gauges and adjustable suspension everything else is standard including the wheels.
its in great nick engine and body wise and goes like the clappers!!
if you want to se my motor then folow the link

Subaru : WRX turbo -RA engine
Old 09 November 2006, 10:19 PM
S7EVY
Scooby Regular

Correct me if i'm wrong the GTS is rear wheel drive, may be a big clash in winter, i'l stick to the scoob mate. I don't think there are many skyline buyers this time of the year.
Old 09 November 2006, 10:30 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Having a Skyline isnt a problem but the fact this is a GTST is. Not bad cars at all but the GTST is a bum to sell. I had one over 2 yrs ago. Loved it, wasnt all that quick but a pure pain in the bum to sell. Ive come across many GTST owners with the same problem of selling.

Secondly as far as i know the wine red again isnt a popular colour amongst skyline owners. If I was in your shoes i wouldnt do the deal.
Old 09 November 2006, 10:53 PM
RedScoob
Scooby Regular

Yeah, the GTSt is a nice motor, but shouldn't be any quicker than your current car (if they're both standard?). You say in your ad that you're after something more practical, so why go for a RWD 2door Skyline?
IMHO the only reasons for buying one is the slightly better image than the Impreza and the fact that they're much easier to get big horsepower out of them (even the 2.0 and 2.5 sixes).
All that aside though, if you really love the car then go for it. There's nothing wrong with them, it's whatever floats your boat.
Old 09 November 2006, 11:09 PM
wonfa
Scooby Regular

the only reason why i was thinking about it was i didnt know if it would be easier to sell or not, i DO need a more practical car its was just one of those ideas that you get thats all.
my mrs liked it but she prefered the scooby.
i did say that if i wernt interested in it then i would help sell it for him so theres a good chance you might see it up here for sale if anyones interested
craig
Old 10 November 2006, 12:00 AM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Let me put it this way, the GTST would be much more difficult to sell than the Scoob
Old 10 November 2006, 08:31 AM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

What are the specs on Skylines ? ie standard bhp and weight. Do some have 4wd ?

Trending Topics

Old 10 November 2006, 11:15 AM
GrahamG
Scooby Regular

I think the Skyline will hold its price a lot better then the scoob, there are alot more of them about which tends to drop the price. Friend had a R32 GTS Type-M and it was lovely to drive. Stright six engine sounds lovely and the power delivery is very smooth. My old WRX was laggy, but great fun to drive. I was looking at a Skyline but insurance tends to go through the roof. not sure why. The WRX was only £500, skyline was about 1100!! too much for me to pay.
Old 10 November 2006, 11:45 AM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GrahamG
I think the Skyline will hold its price a lot better then the scoob, there are alot more of them about which tends to drop the price. Friend had a R32 GTS Type-M and it was lovely to drive. Stright six engine sounds lovely and the power delivery is very smooth. My old WRX was laggy, but great fun to drive. I was looking at a Skyline but insurance tends to go through the roof. not sure why. The WRX was only £500, skyline was about 1100!! too much for me to pay.
Infact i would like to say that the R32 is a very good seller and does hold value. I dont know why but the R33 GTST specifically is not a good seller. I personally love the shape so i dont know why that could be an issue but i guess what ever tickles your fancy at the end of the day.
Old 10 November 2006, 12:19 PM
Tripple'O G
Scooby Regular

I've just bought myself an R33 GTST and love it.....
My problem is I still have the Subaru and can't make up my mind which one to sell, even though i'm in no rush....
(i've also put my name down for a 2007 mustang GT Premium but thats another story)

The GTST is fantastic...I'm the first UK owner and it's standard coming from Calsonic....I say standard, it has full decat, air filter and a drifting diff but thats it....
I prefer it as the scoob is a great car to drive but easy....the Skyline is much harder which gives me more satisfaction!
Old 10 November 2006, 01:36 PM
Izzy
Scooby Regular

The R33 GTSt is a nice car, but
- It is larger than a Scoob
- It has 2 doors so access to the rear can be difficult
- The interior space is actually IMHO smaller than a Scoob
- The boot is smaller than a Scoob

If you are purely considering practicality, stay with the Scoob.

Selling an R33 GTSt can be difficult. They are, like any enthusiast car, in a niche market. They are not cheap to run, but not overly expensive, but most people looking to buy a Skyline will want the GTR. A GTSt has to have something special going for it to be of interest to buyers.

I had a classic wrx, sold that for an R33 GTSt & now I'm back in a Scoob.....