Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Which car next, ctr/cupra R? anyone owned both cars?

Search this Thread

Old 02 August 2006, 07:27 PM
donny_daz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which car next, ctr/cupra R? anyone owned both cars?

Hi guys. I had a ctr a year ago (black 52 plate) and i got bored after 3 months, i moved onto a vx220 which was a blast but to be fare couldnt live with it as an everyday car. I then moved onto a 52 plate bug eye wrx which again was a blast, didnt get bored with this, just love the noise and always seems faster than the ctr (even though its not really).sold due to massive fuel bills and stupid servicing costs.. I now drive a berlingo van and want to come back into the fast car market, the thing is my girlfriend liked the ctr best out of them all and im thinking of getting another.

Has anyone owned a ctr,leon cupra R and a wrx ,so i can compare them?

Running costs!
Insurance!
Speed!
comfort etc etc
Old 03 August 2006, 06:44 PM
Beefy
Scooby Regular

Location: Wagons rolllllll yippee kai ayyy ..errrr ...etc ..etc

Im afraid ive only had a CTR, a WRX and a WRX PPP, although I did test-drive an LCR before I bought the CTR. Out of the CTR and the LCR I preferred the performance of the CTR so I bought it, although part of the problem was the local SEAT dealer seemed to be full of tw*ts which didnt bode well for servicing and so on. Ride and Handling I would say were actually better in the LCR (it was also a bit more relaxing to drive).

Out of the CTR and the WRX its a toughie, but with the PPP on the WRX is far better fun. Its probably a more comfortable car too, and definately the quickest of the three. However, the running costs are a bit stupid, and as fuel prices increase (as do insurance costs) its getting more and more expensive to keep one on the road. Honda dealers were probably the best of the three though in terms of looking after you well.

Last edited by Beefy; 03 August 2006 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03 August 2006, 08:04 PM
Castrol
Scooby Regular

the running costs are a bit stupid
Not quite a match, in that I owned a Leon Cupra 20VT and not the R, but the difference in running costs between it and a 4dr WRX PPP wasn't great for me. I got 26mpg vs 22 for the Bugeye, (which over 22K pa worked out at about £12 per week), the insurance was £6 a month cheaper in the Seat and a 10K service actually cost £2 more than a Scoob!

The WRX PPP cost me less than £60 a month more to run than the Leon. Well worth it, particularly as the Seat had so many faults, it spent half of its life at the dealers.

Other than a couple of test drives, we've no experience of the CTR. Bought the Seat first time round (but should've bought the CTR) and my Wife bought a 5dr WRX Blobeye the 2nd.

Cheers
Old 04 August 2006, 01:12 PM
New_scooby_04

If you've had a turbo and you go back to a Vtec engine, you'll miss the torque I'd imagine. My money would be on your enjoying the Cupra R the most.

Ns04