Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Stuttgart 9s forum - no more :(

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2006, 10:35 PM
Hammoc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuttgart 9s forum - no more :(

As a wannabe Porsche driver I periodically look at the Stuttgart 9s forum.

Found it had closed down yesterday When I looked earlier there was a link to a new forum - Pure GT (??) - but this has gone now.

Anyone know what is going on? I had a thought in the back of my mind that there was a link between the S9s forum & Scoobynet...or maybe I'm just making that up

http://www.stuttgartnines.co.uk/upload/

Chris
Old 18 May 2006, 11:07 PM
Tobisausage
Scooby Regular

From what I know various members asked for changes to be made to the forum which from first hand experience of running a forum myself were stupid and credit to the forum owner / admin didnt introduce.

So now all those people who had these 'amazing' ideas went and set up a new forum with an 'Invite only' policy. They can shove their 'invite only' policy up their *****. There are some people out there who own porsches and similar marques who are NOT a bunch of 'Invite only' *******.

Pure GT, more like utter ****

Last edited by Tobisausage; 18 May 2006 at 11:11 PM.
Old 18 May 2006, 11:12 PM
GCollier
Scooby Regular

As a porsche enthusiast and ex-porsche driver (before kids made big back seats a necessity!) I've enjoyed reading Stuttgart9's since just after it went live, and was sad to see it close down.

Cem (Blow Dog) runs Stuttgart9's and has been a contributor on Scoobynet for many years - hence the connection.

There was a long message explaining why the forum was closed down, but that has been removed, and replaced with a message saying it might be re-opened if there is enough interest...so best bet is to PM Cem if you'd like to see it happen.

Gary.
Old 18 May 2006, 11:37 PM
spectrum48k
Scooby Regular

The owner of the site is a good lad - Blowdog has been kicking round Scoobynet for years and it was fun watching him upgrade his cars from basic Scoobys to various exotica and post pics on here.

Besides, he changes cars so quickly, he'd have to change his porsche-centric site to something that covers ALL the exotic marques! ;-)
Old 19 May 2006, 11:27 PM
Hammoc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GCollier
As a porsche enthusiast and ex-porsche driver (before kids made big back seats a necessity!) I've enjoyed reading Stuttgart9's since just after it went live, and was sad to see it close down.

Cem (Blow Dog) runs Stuttgart9's and has been a contributor on Scoobynet for many years - hence the connection.

There was a long message explaining why the forum was closed down, but that has been removed, and replaced with a message saying it might be re-opened if there is enough interest...so best bet is to PM Cem if you'd like to see it happen.

Gary.

Thanks for all the replies. I did see the long message & an extract from the 'new' forum on Thursday lunchtime, but by the evening it had gone

I'm guessing Tobisausage feels a bit upset about what has happened and won't be using the new forum very often

Chris
Old 19 May 2006, 11:35 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Some things have happened, most public - some not so.
As a result, I felt the best thing to do would be to close the forum down as I really wasn't prepared to face any politics.

However, it seems it may have been the wrong decision, and as a result, will probably reopen the site.
Old 19 May 2006, 11:42 PM
Hammoc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blow Dog
Some things have happened, most public - some not so.
As a result, I felt the best thing to do would be to close the forum down as I really wasn't prepared to face any politics.

However, it seems it may have been the wrong decision, and as a result, will probably reopen the site.
Cheers for the reply. It really does sound by no fault of your own you have had to take some **** .....all for trying to offer a service to others.

I look forward to the reopening of S9s. As a humble Scooby driver I always found it amusing to read about the exotica other people had in their garage and which I aspire to

Chris