Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2006, 02:40 PM
Matt_taylor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My vectra,

dont laugh please,

just wondering what you think to it?

its a 1999 S plate 1.8 16v... got it when i was 18 and been modding it slowly (nothing chavvy!)

just a cpl of pics showing what i have been upto, going to sell it later this year hopefully get a scoob... Been doin my research ready!! lol

got a great deal on this bumper, proper irmscher one and quite rare and different!!

fitted full leather and some alacantra

fronts quite low!

this is my rear bumper which i am puttin on

and these are the skirts

All going to be sprayed on weds i cant wait!!

Sorry for the amount of pics and i apologise if i stole too much bandwidth..

What ya think for a old vectra?
Old 27 February 2006, 03:41 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not bad mate,i used to like me vectras have owned 5 of them. Not to sure on those lexus lights though
Old 27 February 2006, 03:57 PM
Richard_P
Scooby Regular

How appropriate that "king of turds" replied

Only kidding it looks not bad for a vectra!

How long you had it?
Old 27 February 2006, 04:06 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

I've never understood why people spend money changing the look of a car, presumably to make it look more 'sporting' or whatever when the first thing that should be done is to make it quicker.
Old 27 February 2006, 04:17 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Flatcapdriver
I've never understood why people spend money changing the look of a car, presumably to make it look more 'sporting' or whatever when the first thing that should be done is to make it quicker.
bah humbug If he was only 18 when he got the car any engine mods would have cost a shed load to insure.

Get them lexarse lights off the back and it will look **** hot Matt
Old 27 February 2006, 04:18 PM
Crazy Chick
Scooby Regular

You say you've been doing your research but have you really? We had a 2.5 V6 Vectra on a V plate and struggled to get rid of it. Some people will no doubt say 'what do you expect, it's only a vectra' but it was a fantastic car. You'll probably be lucky to get £2.5k for it.
Old 27 February 2006, 04:21 PM
Matt_taylor
Scooby Regular

yeah car is already provisonally sold..... 2750 even got a 50 quid deposit off the guy.... He isnt wanting it till August though.,

By research i ment into imprezas as been told some horror stories etc....

Do u need to get the compression in the turbo checked out?
Old 27 February 2006, 04:22 PM
Matt_taylor
Scooby Regular

yeah the lexus lights are coming off im doin something a little different with them, making them look like afterburners, basically dumpin the chrome for blue!!
Old 27 February 2006, 04:31 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Basically check for the usual knocks and rattles,white smoke bellowing from the exhaust is prob your best sign of the turbo about to go,despite what some people will have you believe on here they are fairly bulletproof as long as they have been serviced regulary. and if you are after a jdm make sure its been run on optimax
Old 27 February 2006, 04:40 PM
Richard_P
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matt_taylor
yeah car is already provisonally sold..... 2750 even got a 50 quid deposit off the guy.... He isnt wanting it till August though.,

By research i ment into imprezas as been told some horror stories etc....

Do u need to get the compression in the turbo checked out?
Your sale doesn't sound guaranteed but 2750 is good money for it.

Are you planning on buying privately? It needs checked out pretty carefully, if your checking it over yourself then you need to know a fair bit about what you're looking for.

Have you checked insurance? only tesco can do a half decent deal for me and I'm 24.
Old 27 February 2006, 04:55 PM
Matt_taylor
Scooby Regular

my mates bro is in the army, he is only 19, likes the car alot... comin back from germany in august asked me what i would take for it when its done jokinly i said 3k! he said he cant go that high.. said i will knock 250 off it if he washed and polished it for me lol...

gave me 50 quid if he ducks out im not fussed the local lads like it alot but i know i wont get what i spent on it, i see it as a hobby!!

Got a quote for 1700 fully comp with the AA.... that was on a N plate wrx..

Been lookin on Wrx.co.uk a trader they have some nice cars and would prefer to get one from a dealer
Old 03 March 2006, 02:16 PM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

Have you been over to the http://www.vvoc.com plenty more Vectra enthusiasts than here
Old 03 March 2006, 03:12 PM
Matt_taylor
Scooby Regular

yes mate i am on there, lol,

Going to look at a impreza estate later, seems a nice one though insurance is gonna b bit of a bitch at the mo.... wanted to wait but saw this on my way to work today
Old 03 March 2006, 03:18 PM
Neilo
Scooby Regular

i would loose the front lights too, the originals looked much better witht he front bumper!
Old 03 March 2006, 04:04 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

I would put back on the stock lights then go to he scrappy n see if I could pick up a sri rear bumper on the cheap.

over 2 grand for it is a great deal. I myself would pay 1300 at most.

I dont know much about impreza insurance but grown men have trouble getting insured on evos with couple no years claims. I heard somewhere once that someone got quoted more for their evo than db7.
Old 06 March 2006, 04:16 PM
Matt_taylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AudiLover
I would put back on the stock lights then go to he scrappy n see if I could pick up a sri rear bumper on the cheap.

over 2 grand for it is a great deal. I myself would pay 1300 at most.

I dont know much about impreza insurance but grown men have trouble getting insured on evos with couple no years claims. I heard somewhere once that someone got quoted more for their evo than db7.

SRI rear bumpers are exactly the same as whats on at the mo, i finished preppin my reiger rear valance yesterday afternoon,

i prefer the twin morrette front lights to the standard ones, so will keep them on,

Well 1300 quid is very low, parkers book it at 2k, well was when i looked at xmas, got full service history (stamped by local garage) only got 65k on the clock, full leather, air con, full electrics, got playstation etc but taken that out for a bit while i start to refit all my ICE for show season, (im not selling that with the car most of that will come with me)

Only reason i want to sell it is cos its only a 1.8 last rolling road was 138bhp which i was quite happy with suprising i havent done much - being young and declaring mods costs a bomb but my insurers where fine,

My insurance is pretty good with me im gonna be 21, got a garage, good job, live in a nice area but then i dont mind paying upto 2k on insurance for the right car,

Looked at a estate (wagon) friday but didnt float my boat as much as the saloons. the insurance on the wagons are about 250 quid cheaper!!

My vectra is in for sprayin at the mo and my defender needed some work on for MOT, so driving my dads 6th month old 730D beemer! thats a lovely car!