Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

A New Menace

Search this Thread

Old 04 November 2005, 11:34 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default A New Menace

There's a new menace on the roads that even rivals "BMW driver syndrome" and "white van man", these are Mitsubushi Warrior type vehicles, basically the blinged up versions of agricultural pick-ups. There have been numerous occasions where I've been tail gated so close I could read the name of the dealership on the number plate, witnessed dangerous overtaking manoeuvres, overtaking a line of stationary traffic that is letting oncoming traffic through, pushing their way through queues of traffic where there's no space, weaving in and out and undertaking of traffic. What is the matter with these drivers?
Old 04 November 2005, 11:47 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funnily enough, I saw a warrior pillock the other day in northampton... A guy in a red octavia wanted to go from inside to the outside lane in a traffic queue, and warrior leaves a gap. Chap waves, and moves, at which point warrior accelerates to close the gap and screeches to halt missing him by inches.

Warrior gesticulates etc, then...

pulls to inside lane, drives over grass, pulls back into inside lane, drives across both lanes to block em and gets out "offering out" the poor driver in the octavia.

Gives up after making himself look a complete and utter **** to a fair few people, I took a piccy on the mobile with a view to sending it to the police but as he just then carried on in the queue quietly, I never bothered...

The car looks aggressive, and because it's so high they can appear to be closer than they are... but there are a few ***** out there in them who think they're now driving gods. A bit like any car, really
Old 04 November 2005, 12:16 PM
Dieseldog
Scooby Regular

I've noticed this Warrior phenomenon too. I mean it's one thing to want people to think you're a drug dealer or footballer with blacked out windows on an X5, but why on Gods green earth would you want people to think you're a Pikey on the way to a dog fight????
Old 04 November 2005, 12:21 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chiark
... but there are a few ***** out there in them who think they're now driving gods. A bit like any car, really
The name "Warrior" doesn't help, Mr Testosterony ready to do battle on the roads in his Tonka truck!! I'm guessing he probably wore combat trousers and Catapillar boots and may be a lumberjack shirt? Oh the stereotype, Mitsubishi's marketing has worked!
Old 04 November 2005, 12:23 PM
darryl90
Scooby Regular

Cool shed 1

Originally Posted by chiark
Funnily enough, I saw a warrior pillock the other day in northampton... A guy in a red octavia wanted to go from inside to the outside lane in a traffic queue, and warrior leaves a gap. Chap waves, and moves, at which point warrior accelerates to close the gap and screeches to halt missing him by inches.

Warrior gesticulates etc, then...

pulls to inside lane, drives over grass, pulls back into inside lane, drives across both lanes to block em and gets out "offering out" the poor driver in the octavia.

Gives up after making himself look a complete and utter **** to a fair few people, I took a piccy on the mobile with a view to sending it to the police but as he just then carried on in the queue quietly, I never bothered...

The car looks aggressive, and because it's so high they can appear to be closer than they are... but there are a few ***** out there in them who think they're now driving gods. A bit like any car, really
the guy in the red skoda was dream weaver did you no he runs a skodas owners club in his shed
Old 04 November 2005, 12:26 PM
darryl90
Scooby Regular

Cool fight 1

Originally Posted by Dieseldog
I've noticed this Warrior phenomenon too. I mean it's one thing to want people to think you're a drug dealer or footballer with blacked out windows on an X5, but why on Gods green earth would you want people to think you're a Pikey on the way to a dog fight????
why do pikeys fight dogs?
Old 04 November 2005, 12:45 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

PMSL @ Dieseldog

I think they are driven like that because they ARE Pikeys on the way to a dog fight

F
Old 04 November 2005, 12:59 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

Think they are no worse than wrap around sunglass wearing, shell suit impreza drivers who think they are participating in a rally ever time they start the car.
Old 04 November 2005, 01:00 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Loads of these in and around Lisbon - and the drivers with considerably less skill and more machismo than the British, I assure you. A major reason why I'm too scared to buy a Caterham - they may be in the wrong, but as I'd be dead that wouldn't be much help
Old 04 November 2005, 01:05 PM
darryl90
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by Scooby-Doo
Think they are no worse than wrap around sunglass wearing, shell suit impreza drivers who think they are participating in a rally ever time they start the car.
is that you then ?
Old 04 November 2005, 01:10 PM
darryl90
Scooby Regular

Cool

QUOTE=Brendan Hughes]Loads of these in and around Lisbon - and the drivers with considerably less skill and more machismo than the British, I assure you. A major reason why I'm too scared to buy a Caterham - they may be in the wrong, but as I'd be dead that wouldn't be much help [/QUOTE]they all used to be pug drivers who think there cars are faster than everybody elses "please"
and your right some jeep drivers think there invinsible i def wouldnt buy a caterham bit of an expensive coffin doh!!!
Old 04 November 2005, 01:30 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby-Doo
So very true.

It makes me laugh every time I read these sweeping generalisations re. BMW/Merc/ect only to think to myself that there will be other blinkered souls on other such BBS' saying the exact thing about Scoobs.
Grow up. You came across a driver who (of course ) wasn't as good as you. They happened to drive an X,Y or Z so you feel you need to start a wee hate campaign. It must be a bind having to suffer perfection as you do.
Old 04 November 2005, 01:38 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Anyone else see the irony of the reply above?
Old 04 November 2005, 01:41 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

Anyone else see the after the ironic statement
Old 04 November 2005, 01:48 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Theres nothing like big sweeping statements to get a discussion going!
Old 04 November 2005, 02:05 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

All scooby owners are *****
Old 04 November 2005, 08:17 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

it tells you something when the advert for these type of vehicles comes out with a slogan 'it demands respect..'

says it all, point is, there are bad drivers in all types of cars, the fact is that drivers of these **** vehicles appear more cnutish then most others.

why can't we have a thread about mundeo man, much more fun
Old 04 November 2005, 09:05 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

90% of drivers think they are better than everyone else, FACT!
I'm one of the rest who KNOW'S he's better than everyone else! LOL
Old 04 November 2005, 09:42 PM
Robbie T
Scooby Regular

It's ok, they are owned by complete ******* (on the whole builders actually ) but you can be smug in the fact they are very unreliable, have terrible residuals and will top out at 110mph at a push.

Provided you're not faced with one at the supermarket, you should be able to outrun it on foot until it breaks down, then turn and 'wave'
Old 04 November 2005, 10:07 PM
MBK
Scooby Regular

Chuckle Chuckle this thread is funny (Robbie T you are on form tonight) - nice brand association for the Evo boys too.....

Have you also noticed how the drivers of said vehicles tend to be enormously fat, so if you are faced with an incident just head for your nearest muckDonalds - its a bit like Monopoly for them they can't pass the drive through without collecting 200 burgers...
Old 04 November 2005, 11:08 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Robbie T
but you can be smug in the fact they are very unreliable, have terrible residuals.
Is this the Impreza or Mitsubishi your talking about here ?

Last edited by Scooby-Doo; 05 November 2005 at 07:19 AM.