Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

keyed car.. Any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2005, 03:41 PM
tallsteve
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default keyed car.. Any suggestions?

I'm begining to think my little Ignis Sport is cursed. I got hit by a little cretin who then proceeded to drive off without stopping - leaving me with a scuffed bumper and rear wheel arch. Then I come back from work to find some other little ****** has keyed every panel on the passenger side.

Suzuki quoted £300 to respray the bumper/arch, so god knows how much the passenger side would be!

Anyone used Chipsaway or similar service, what sort of costs would I be looking at?

Aside from that I like the car though, and am liking the 40mpg in town even more with Optimax at £1 a litre...
Old 25 September 2005, 03:56 PM
Hannible
Scooby Regular

What b'stards.

Try these lot, Little knocks. I used them once when one of my cars got keyed. Very cheap and they do some amazing work.

http://www.littleknocks.co.uk/
Old 25 September 2005, 05:15 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Barstewards It's not very old either Is it really bad now?
Old 25 September 2005, 06:31 PM
tallsteve
Scooby Regular

Hi Paul,

Nope, I've had it about 6 months. It does look pretty bad, down to the metal so probably need to get it sorted sooner rather than later to avoid any corrosion.

I'll give Littleknocks a call and see if they can sort it out.

Got your pm about the Legacy btw, sorry not to get back sooner but work (and car) events haven't been much fun. The legacy is sounding pretty good now from the extensive spec list! Are you getting to use her much now?
Old 25 September 2005, 06:46 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Hi Steve

The Legacy has come on well I've just got a dawes for it to set the boost up for that VOS chip. I've used it a little but I'm still working on it so still not using it as much as I should be You might like to see this

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=455

Do you have any pictures or the Ignis?
Old 25 September 2005, 07:12 PM
tallsteve
Scooby Regular

I'll take some pics of the Iggy and post them over to the chaps at Littleknocks to see what they think the damage will be. I've got some shots of it before any idiots damaged it - will send 'em to you if you want. The looks have really grown on me, as have the slightly boyracery white alloys!

Saw the article, and read some of the posts about the Dawes Device on the Legacy forum. She's certainly looking good, the WRX interior is much better than the old tweedy originals! So much for the plans of keeping it as a future classic huh!? The lowering has set if off nicely as well, and I'm liking the pink STI badge!
Old 25 September 2005, 07:17 PM
minted_aye
Scooby Regular

I used chips away, and the Guy was excellent to say the least, only stone chips but did tell me he had just done a new bmw with a 6inch scratch on the wing
Old 25 September 2005, 07:27 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Send them over I really like them

Originally Posted by tallsteve
So much for the plans of keeping it as a future classic huh!? The lowering has set if off nicely as well, and I'm liking the pink STI badge!
I've still kept every original part They're all sat in my garage waiting to go back on if required

I had a wobble the other day and was considering selling it but after driving a very quick classic Impreza yesterday (that didn't feel as powerful as mine) I decided that I can't do it I'm considering building another engine now

Last edited by Paulo P; 25 September 2005 at 07:29 PM.
Old 25 September 2005, 09:38 PM
tallsteve
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulpalmer
I had a wobble the other day and was considering selling it but after driving a very quick classic Impreza yesterday (that didn't feel as powerful as mine) I decided that I can't do it I'm considering building another engine now
Define a "Wobble"!! Was it one of those "on boost" moments coming out of a corner - I had 1 or 2 of those with the old girl!

Before I sold her I was toying with the idea of getting a 2.5 engine transplanted in. That would have been funny! Imagine the look on a Boxster owners face when the old shed left them for dead.

Will send over the pics and let you know about repair costs.
Old 26 September 2005, 11:11 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

By wobble I mean that I had the stupid idea to sell it A silly idea I know It's pretty well set-up now and goes round corners alot better That suspension worked wonders.