Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Tw@t in a BMW!

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2005, 01:34 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Tw@t in a BMW!

I was driving into strood (kent)from Medway city estate yesterday at 5pm, and had a rather strange incident with a guy in a BMW. (with lexus bl*ody lights)

For the benifit if those who don't know the area, strood has a 'one-way' system which has 2 lanes. I was in the right hand lane at a set of traffic lights where the road immediatly after, turns 90 degrees to the left. If you are in the left hand lane, it is common sense to drive a bit slower to allow both lanes to take the corner safely.

Lights go green, I proceed to take the corner (@ 10mph) rather wide to allow room for those in the left hand lane. As I turned, I heard somebody locking their brakes, and when I got round the corner, a bloke in his late 30's drove past at a stupid rate of knots, shouting abuse which I assume was meant for me. ( He was looking at me and not where he was going!) He then had to lock his brakes to narrowly avoid smacking into a little corsa.

All that my fiancee and I can work out is that, the guy in the bmw must have been going a bit to fast for the corner, even though it was raining. I had traffic infront of me, and behind, who all took the same line as I did.

I have only ever experienced road rage once before this, and guess what the guy was driving that time..... a BMW!

Do these sort of people buy BMW's, or do the BMW's themselves make the individual drive like a tit?

Any other experience's appreciated.
Old 20 August 2005, 01:49 PM
R1916v
Scooby Regular

A friend was driving behind a beemer that wouldn't pull over a few months ago. My friend pulled into the inside lane then when the beemer finally pulled over he overtook it.

The guy then followed him for 10 miles tapping a baseball bat on the steering wheel trying to get my friend to pull over. Nutters.
Old 20 August 2005, 01:59 PM
Richard_P
Scooby Regular

When I owned a bmw it attracted a lot of negative attention ranging from people giving ****** gestures whenever I overtook to just pulling out in front of me out of junctions and into lanes. I expect it's this kind of attitude towards bmws that angers drivers of them.

No reason for that behaviour in the situation you describe of course but I'm more making the point that while people continue to say bmw drivers are ******* and act like ******* towards bmw drivers on the road then the bmw drivers will probably continue to respond in a similar way. It's a vicious cirlce that nobody will break.
Old 20 August 2005, 02:08 PM
zoog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by R1916v
A friend was driving behind a beemer that wouldn't pull over a few months ago. My friend pulled into the inside lane then when the beemer finally pulled over he overtook it.

The guy then followed him for 10 miles tapping a baseball bat on the steering wheel trying to get my friend to pull over. Nutters.

Shoulda called the police with the reg while letting him follow.
Old 20 August 2005, 02:10 PM
Patt@firstime
Scooby Regular

I drive a BMW and don't drive like a tit. Next.....
Old 20 August 2005, 02:11 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

The only abuse I've ever had chucked at me was from a bloke in a beemer. At this big local roundabout there are three lanes to get on it. The left lane to take the next left (two lane exit) the next lane the same (but cars who take it are meant to leave the roundabout by the right-hand lane of the two lane exit, or continue to the next exit) and a third to go right. I took the second lane to leave at the first exit by the right hand lane and got a torrent of horn-blowing and abuse. When the maneouvre was over I looked over to the bloke with an expression of "what on earth was your problem there?" only to be given a perfect scoobynet "" (this was long before I started on SN) To this day I can't understand what I was supposed to have done wrong.
Old 20 August 2005, 02:13 PM
Patt@firstime
Scooby Regular

Aren't there bad drivers in all marques of cars?

Matt
Old 20 August 2005, 02:16 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Nope

Old 20 August 2005, 02:19 PM
Patt@firstime
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
Nope

You sure

Matt
Old 20 August 2005, 02:19 PM
Patt@firstime
Scooby Regular

See here for loads....

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1

Matt
Old 20 August 2005, 02:22 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Patt@firstime
Agreed. Only muppets and WYIOC members drive courteously.
Old 20 August 2005, 02:23 PM
Patt@firstime
Scooby Regular

and Midlands peeps

Matt (a Midlands peep)
Old 20 August 2005, 02:42 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

What a stupid thread......surely the fact it was a BMW does not lead to the conclusion that all BMWs are driven by prats?.........its a bit like saying all scoobies are driven by little hoodrats chav *******.....
Old 20 August 2005, 03:04 PM
scoobycar60
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by turboman786
What a stupid thread......surely the fact it was a BMW does not lead to the conclusion that all BMWs are driven by prats?.........its a bit like saying all scoobies are driven by little hoodrats chav *******.....
So you agree BMW's are driven by prats....

Now A Prat !

("X" little hoodrat chav ******! and also "X" evo owning mad arrogant kn*bhead apparently)

Last edited by scoobycar60; 20 August 2005 at 03:11 PM.
Old 20 August 2005, 03:30 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by scoobycar60
So you agree BMW's are driven by prats....

Now A Prat !

("X" little hoodrat chav ******! and also "X" evo owning mad arrogant kn*bhead apparently)

Errmmm...NO! Read the sentence again....whichever way you read it, it does not read as you have read it!

Sure, some BM drivers may well be prtas, but the same can be said of any marque, hence the post is totally pointless.

And I dont undesrtand what on earth rest of your post is supposed to mean...explain please!
Old 20 August 2005, 03:35 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

He's being ironic in that imprezas are being driven more and more by little hoodrat chav *******. So if that's true, ergo the point about BMW drivers must be true.

The second part is him saying he's an ex-scooby owner with the image that marque has, and an ex-evo owner with the prejudice that marque attracts.

Seemed perfectly clear to me.
Old 20 August 2005, 05:27 PM
Sinister Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100
I was driving into strood (kent)from Medway city estate yesterday at 5pm, and had a rather strange incident with a guy in a BMW. (with lexus bl*ody lights)

For the benifit if those who don't know the area, strood has a 'one-way' system which has 2 lanes. I was in the right hand lane at a set of traffic lights where the road immediatly after, turns 90 degrees to the left. If you are in the left hand lane, it is common sense to drive a bit slower to allow both lanes to take the corner safely.

Lights go green, I proceed to take the corner (@ 10mph) rather wide to allow room for those in the left hand lane. As I turned, I heard somebody locking their brakes, and when I got round the corner, a bloke in his late 30's drove past at a stupid rate of knots, shouting abuse which I assume was meant for me. ( He was looking at me and not where he was going!) He then had to lock his brakes to narrowly avoid smacking into a little corsa.

All that my fiancee and I can work out is that, the guy in the bmw must have been going a bit to fast for the corner, even though it was raining. I had traffic infront of me, and behind, who all took the same line as I did.

I have only ever experienced road rage once before this, and guess what the guy was driving that time..... a BMW!

Do these sort of people buy BMW's, or do the BMW's themselves make the individual drive like a tit?

Any other experience's appreciated.
It's the same here in the States, man. Same in the States. It's like driving a BMW gives you the license to drive like a tool.
Old 20 August 2005, 05:48 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

The only time I've been subject to extreme road rage was by a BMW 320 driver.

Two lanes into one traffic light situation and everyone was filtering but this guy jumps three cars and cuts infront of me causing me to brake heavily. I could see him looking in the mirror and I shook my head at him so he gives me the wan**r hand signal.
Two mile on road goes back to two lanes and he gets in righthand lane to go straight on, there is a long que. I'm in left hand lane to turn left and so drive by him on the inside, I shake my head again as I go by him but don't give him any hand signals.

About 400yds down the road after I turn left I see BMW bearing down on me with full beam on. WTF! He gets behind me and his on his horn and is trying to get past me.
I dont pull over as I've got my Wife and Mother in the car.

This goes on for a few minutes, he cant get by because of the traffic but is still inches from my bumper with lights and horn on.

At this point my Mother gets on the mobile and turns round to get the registration number of the BMW.

BMW To55er see's my Mother on the phone and must have had a rethink. He turns off still giving every hand gesture he can think off.

Now I don't for one minute suggest that all BMW drivers are like that but there does seem to be a certain attitude from some drivers of the lower powered 3 series.

Cheers
Lee
Old 20 August 2005, 06:02 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by turboman786
Errmmm...NO! Read the sentence again....whichever way you read it, it does not read as you have read it!

Sure, some BM drivers may well be prtas, but the same can be said of any marque, hence the post is totally pointless.

And I dont undesrtand what on earth rest of your post is supposed to mean...explain please!
As I said, I have only ever been on the receiving end of 'road rage' twice, and both driver's drove a BMW 3-series. So, from my point of view, 100% of the road-rage that I have ever witnessed has had a BMW driver involved. (I was in a golf mk 4 1.6, and a the scoob)

Quite simple really.

I am not saying that all BMW driver's are 'idiots', I am saying that the idiots that shout abuse due to 'their' inability to drive, own a BMW.
Old 20 August 2005, 09:14 PM
Kevin Mc
Scooby Regular

Idiots drive all marques of cars, though BMW (3 series of all ages but especially mid 90's 3 series coupe's) seem to attract more than their fair share. I think the "appeal" of the car attracts agressive drivers.

I'd have a 5 series or a 7 series, but if someone gave me even a brand new M3, I'd have to flog it and get something else. I'd love a 530d, though the BMW image still puts me off.

I don't know if BMW are worried about the image - I suspect not as they sell enough as it is. I know they are excellent cars, but a 3 series would never be on my list of possibles. There must be a lot of people who are put off the marque because of the image.
Old 20 August 2005, 10:03 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Kevin Mc
Idiots drive all marques of cars, though BMW (3 series of all ages but especially mid 90's 3 series coupe's) seem to attract more than their fair share. I think the "appeal" of the car attracts agressive drivers.

I'd have a 5 series or a 7 series, but if someone gave me even a brand new M3, I'd have to flog it and get something else. I'd love a 530d, though the BMW image still puts me off.

I don't know if BMW are worried about the image - I suspect not as they sell enough as it is. I know they are excellent cars, but a 3 series would never be on my list of possibles. There must be a lot of people who are put off the marque because of the image.
Did I dream the fact that there are more 3 series sold a few months back than Focus in the UK....or did I read it?
Old 20 August 2005, 10:10 PM
remfanuk
Scooby Regular

i'm sure no-one is generallising, but the stereotypical kn*bhead driver is seen to be a thrusting young w*nker in a german mid sized saloon. think its an image thats gonna stick, rightly or wrongly. having had a 3 series and a 5 series, i must admit that i got more agitated behind the wheel of the 3 series. dunno why...the 5 series was relaxed and i suppose that rubbed off. maybe there is a slow release of PCP (Angel Dust) built into the 3 series ventilation system or something!
Old 20 August 2005, 11:12 PM
scoobycar60
Scooby Regular

Wink

Thank you Buppa po for your erudite summary of my comment.

I now have an M3 which I enjoy driving quickly as per my other cars. I have noticed it seems to attract more vitriol from fellow drivers than anything else I have had, the one exception being other BMW drivers!

I must admit there are more posers than enthusiasts in M series BMW,s but the M3 is a great car although no quicker than scoobies and evos and a lot more twitchy in the wet!

I for one never judge a book by its cover.
Old 21 August 2005, 12:01 AM
carl
Scooby Regular

Worried now as I just bought a low-powered 3-series (150 bhp) for the missus. 330Nm of torque though
Old 21 August 2005, 12:17 AM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Seen as the BMW is one of the most popular cars on the road, it's not surprising.

Only retards blame the cars/badge and not the drivers !
Old 21 August 2005, 09:05 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

But why do these kind of driver's seem to mostly drive BMW's?? Again, i'm only reflecting on my own personal experiences.

When you buy a BMW, what does that mean? Obviously, you buy a performance car such as an impreza, evo, 'M3' etc to appreciate and enjoy, the power, speed and agility that they provide. You buy a vw diesel because you want to save money on fuel and travel in comfort.
What is it about second hand, J,K,L,M reg 3-series BMW's?
I'm sorry, but far too many driver's buy one of these BMW's just to say, 'I've got a Beemer, so up yours!'

Again, I am only aiming this at the ****-head driver's of 10 year old 3-series, not new ones.

On the other occassion, around 4 years ago, I was in my golf, with my girl friend, following my folks in their volvo estate, to go and see my cousins new born baby boy. He had only just moved into his new house, so my Dad was abit unsure of which turning to take.

As you do when trying to find an unfamiliar location, you drive a bit slower. He took the wrong turning which led into a carpark behind some low-rise flats. The red, K- reg, BMW 325, with Alpina wheels which was behind me, seemed to get p*ssed of with me, for holding him up for about 3 seconds. My Dad turned round first and then I proceeded to do the same.
The BMW driver sped past, parked up, got out as I was turning around, came running over, shouting abuse, and then kicked the passenger door. He was quite well built, wearing a vest, showing off his numerous tattoo's. A little bit shaken up at this point, so I drove off rather quickly. I then turned into the next turning down, where my parents had already parked up. They said they thought they heard someone shouting and I began to tell them what happened.
From nowhere, along comes Mr BMW driver, (or 'Jason Micheal ***' as the police later informed me) and pinned me up against a garage door, shouting how I was a 'pr*ck' etc. My mum started to call the police, Mr *** then turned his attention on my Mum calling her 'a little lap dog' along with all the names under the sun!
My Dad and I at this point asked him to walk away before he says something that he might regret. He then realised that my mum was actually on the phone to police, and began thinking about walking away.

Once the police were informed of his description and car make etc, they tracked down the car which had been abandoned nearby, just on the edge of some woodland. Later, they told me that this man was known to police for many offenses including; aggravated assault and dealing crack to kids.

Basically it went to court, and he was ordered to pay for the repairs to my car + some compensation to all four of us.

I'm sure you can now see why I have this opinion regarding 3-series driver's.

Last edited by Gear Head; 21 August 2005 at 09:32 AM.
Old 21 August 2005, 10:10 AM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

I drive a BMW so yes "up yours"

BMW's have a bad rep as many 318, 320's etc are either driven by jumped up sales reps or the older ones by younger people who think are are God.

All marques will have bad/rude drivers its just there are a lot of 3 series BMW's on the road. As the number of older impreza's make it into the hand of 20 years olds the reputation of Subaru will decrease as well. In my local town there are 2/3 impreza drivers that should be locked up for the way they drive.

Driving the BMW brings out the worst in people as we are seen as ***** without even doing anything wrong. I was given the w@nker sign yesterday for overtaking someone on a dual carriageway and this morning while sitting stationary at traffic lights !!!

Just to confirm "up yours, I drive a BMW"
Old 21 August 2005, 10:12 AM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Forgot to say that the 320 involved in my incident on page 1 was a J plate.

There does seem to be a large percentage of to55ers who buy 10-15 year old 3 series for a couple of grand and then think they are now in some way better than anyone else even if they only have 100-150bhp.
I've remembered another recent incident involving a P plate 318. My mate was diving me to work at 5am in his 185bhp 320lbft Fabia vRS. Followed the BMW down the A614, on a stretch of steep hill there is an overtaking lane so my mate just cruises by him in 6th gear at around 70mph. Back on the flat Mr318 is right behind the vRS. Pull up at the lights at Mr318 winds his winder down to explain how he let the Skoda by to make my mate feel better about owning a Skoda.
I say to him he had no need to let us by as the vRS would leave him standing anyway. He then gets right upset and stats shouting. He couldn't believe that we thought the 185bhp 320lbft vRS would be quicker than his 115bhp 124lbft 3 Series even told me to stop talking ****e and being f***ing stupid.

I think the new 3 Series are very good cars but It's perhaps the only car I wouldn't by because of image alone.

Cheers
Lee
Old 21 August 2005, 11:25 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

I second that. Subaru has a 'chav' image, skoda has a, well, different image, audi tt's have the 'hair dresser' image, etc etc. These image's wouldn't stop me buying any of them. But when it comes to BMW, the image alone (of a 10-15 year old 3-series), is enough to put me off!

(I'm 22 by the way Scooby-doo, and I don't drive like a tit, and the kn*b-ends that I refer to all seem to b 35+!)

Last edited by Gear Head; 21 August 2005 at 11:28 AM.
Old 21 August 2005, 12:53 PM
Sinister Subaru
Scooby Regular

Here in the States, it's not uncommon to see someone in a BMW flying up and down the highways and biways at light-speed. In fact, it's typical. They think they own the roads here as well.

I don't blame the car. I blame the ******* behind the wheel. Every time I see some guy in a BMW, I just refer to him as "BMW Boy." Usually, it's some skinny little yuppie punk that thinks he's special.

Last year, about 10 buddies and I were driving in a caravan (all Camaros, Firebirds) and this ****** in a BMW M3 comes flying up the left lane, then cuts in front of the head car, and slams on his brakes. Then, he decides to swing over into the opposite lane, and start stabbing his gas trying to get everyone to race him (little did he know, each of us were packing more than 400hp to his 333hp). Everyone just ignored him, and soon he sped off, cutting off everyone in traffic, trying to impress us. The only impression he made was that he was a ******.

I just ignore these types of people. It's the best thing to do.

Quick Reply: Tw@t in a BMW!