Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

vauxhall omega....passenger door locked and wont open

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2005, 11:23 PM
UkLegacyT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vauxhall omega....passenger door locked and wont open

as title, blo*dy door is stuck shut. it was double locked and seems like the deadlock must be stuck on.
managed to prise the door trim back a bit and seen that there are two wires taped, are these for getting the door open by any chance?

Old 10 August 2005, 01:09 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

yeah i had the same problem with my old Carlton GSI300024v, but on the drivers side.
I took it to vauxhall and I needed a new key barrel. It cost 27 quid for a new barrel.........and a ton for the labour!
On the upside though I kept my original key and got a free one cut for nowt!
hope this helps,
astraboy.
Old 10 August 2005, 02:40 PM
matchmaker
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by UkLegacyT
as title, blo*dy door is stuck shut. it was double locked and seems like the deadlock must be stuck on.
managed to prise the door trim back a bit and seen that there are two wires taped, are these for getting the door open by any chance?

The drivers door on my old Cavalier jammed in the deadlocked position. What a nightmare! I eventually got it released only by bending back the door trim - which of course broke in the process - and releasing the lock mechanism manually. Took hours............and the scars on my hands took weeks to heal.
Old 10 August 2005, 02:55 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

I have an N reg Omega V6 currently (fell on hard times and sold the scooby) anyway, same thing happened to me just after i got it, i found it freed itself though after a few attempts of locking and unlocking the door.
I also find that the car doesn't open properly sometimes with the remote, i.e the **** doesn't go up quite far enough so i have to use the key to unlock it, again this seems to right itself, ahh the joy of vauxhalls!

Having said that though it's my first rear wheel drive car and my first V6 engine, so i think it will keep me entertained for the next 18 months or so (if i don't kill it first) when i'll come back to scooby ownership

Last edited by Jamescsti; 10 August 2005 at 03:04 PM.
Old 10 August 2005, 11:27 PM
UkLegacyT
Scooby Regular

Cool

thanks for the replies, managed to get it open today.
prized the door trim back carefully (no damage either thankfully) and my mate got his hand in and pushed a catch or something (dont ask) and it opened.
i then used a hacksaw blade to cut through the plastic loop on the central locking motor and can now lock/unlock the door manually.

we have got a new central locking motor and will replace it tomorrow.

cheers