Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Saxo keypad immobiliser help

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2005, 12:32 PM
class_A
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saxo keypad immobiliser help

Right a) this is not a "performance" car and b) it's not a Scooby but hopefully someone can help me out without too many "just put a match in the petrol tank" comments

A relative has acquired a P-reg Saxo with the keypad immobiliser. We have the code to said immobiliser but it appears to be disabled, ie. the car just starts straight away without demanding the code. Pressing the keys gives no beep or flash of the status LEDs. Previous owner says that it "stopped working" following a change of the main battery.

A quick Google reveals the system is connected to the courtesy light and drivers door switch, both of which are working perfectly. I believe the remote locking can be set up to disarm the immobiliser, but this thing doesn't have remote locking (or much else really!).

I have tried the steps outlined here but with no joy. Can anyone offer any further pointers?

Cheers,
Alex
Old 04 August 2005, 01:02 PM
jbwrx300
Scooby Regular

I had the same system with an R Reg years ago. third time it stopped working I just left it alone as the dealer said nobody was likely to nick it and it wasnt very good anyway.

Just get a good steering lock and bugger the immobiliser.
Old 04 August 2005, 01:23 PM
class_A
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jbwrx300
I had the same system with an R Reg years ago. third time it stopped working I just left it alone as the dealer said nobody was likely to nick it and it wasnt very good anyway.

Just get a good steering lock and bugger the immobiliser.
She's already got a Stoplock thing so will probably leave it at that, not exactly a Disklok but it will do the job. However, the geek in me refuses to accept defeat when it comes to electronics. But I must retreat and realise the fact that I am fighting the French! Thanks anyway