Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Audi S3 Revo or Amd?

Search this Thread

Old 22 July 2005, 09:40 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi S3 Revo or Amd?

who would you say is the best company for Audi S3 tuning Revo or Amd?
has anyone compared both companies?

advice please!

Thanks
Old 22 July 2005, 11:00 AM
NWMark
Scooby Regular

This is argued over so much its untrue but usually includes a few more companies into the mix aswell.

personally ive got REVO but this was on the car when i bought it so had no choice. The option to switch maps and immobolise the car is superb and well worth factoring into the mix.

REVO is said to boost higher and earlier than AMD and APR, but holds boost slightly less higher up the rev range, but this early peak is superb for in gear ability / cruising etc.

AMD offer a RR before and after which some prefer. REVO and APR both upload remap through data port and offer switchable programs, REVO via a dongle and APR via the cruise control stalk, not sure how AMD currently upload remap or whether its possible to switch or not.

I have read a few opinions on Custom Code which seems to be a new one to throw into the mix of late and they seem to be getting very good reviews even from people who have previously had a remap from other tuners.

Mark
Old 22 July 2005, 11:12 AM
dtriggs
Scooby Regular

Default REVO

Slightly different but I have a Fabia vRS - and just got it remapped with Revo and I am pretty pleased. It is a Diesel so all a little different in how it drives - but it has smoothed out the delivery and the Turbo comes on earlier and lasts longer.

The other choice was Jabbasport who also do the VAG petrol tuning. I read they take the S3 upto 256-273 bhp. They are very highly recommended, but are based in Peterborough - they give u a rolling road session too though.

I chose Revo coz it is easiest to do and could be done 15 mins from where I live. The switch to take it back to standard at service time also influenced the decision - something Jabba dont do.
Old 22 July 2005, 11:13 AM
Scooby Dan
Scooby Regular

Marks car is bloody quick!! I was attemting to follow him on the last SMACS runout on Sunday night!
Old 22 July 2005, 11:50 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby Dan
Marks car is bloody quick!! I was attemting to follow him on the last SMACS runout on Sunday night!
I can also vouch for Marks car! on a Wales run he easily pulled away from us and Supertouring told me he could not catch him in his 280 odd bhp STi

Plus Mark drives like a T**t - only kidding mate but you are quick on those roads!!!!
Old 22 July 2005, 11:54 AM
jonnie c
Scooby Regular

Mike at Jabba is really good!
Old 22 July 2005, 12:54 PM
NWMark
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Chief
I can also vouch for Marks car! on a Wales run he easily pulled away from us and Supertouring told me he could not catch him in his 280 odd bhp STi

Plus Mark drives like a T**t - only kidding mate but you are quick on those roads!!!!
thats a bit harsh

The 1.8T engine is a great engine and reacts superbly when remapped the standard S3 is a bit too tame with no major urgency when accelarating.

When remapped its like a completly different car, nice boost hit really low down and great pull through the entire rev range upto around 6000rpm when its change gear time as it really drops of then.

And although the steering is a bit numb with little feedback compared to some the handling is very good.

Mark
Old 22 July 2005, 01:07 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NWMark
thats a bit harsh

The 1.8T engine is a great engine and reacts superbly when remapped the standard S3 is a bit too tame with no major urgency when accelarating.

When remapped its like a completly different car, nice boost hit really low down and great pull through the entire rev range upto around 6000rpm when its change gear time as it really drops of then.

And although the steering is a bit numb with little feedback compared to some the handling is very good.

Mark
Well over the next few weeks i am gonna go to a few Audi dealerships to see if i can blag a test drive just to see what they are like.

I've noticed they're six speed Mark, what speeds do you get in each gear??
cos i know a Scoob will hit almost 100 in third!
Old 22 July 2005, 02:28 PM
NWMark
Scooby Regular

not too sure to be totally honest i know you cant hit 60 in 2nd, and requires a change to 3rd. Dont think they would differ much from the below.

1st ~ 30
2nd ~ 56
3rd ~ 85
4th ~ 110
5th ~ 135
6th ~ 165-170 (even remapped i doubt youd get there)

Mark

Last edited by NWMark; 22 July 2005 at 02:31 PM.