Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

BMW 325 Ci Sport Automatic

Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2005, 02:03 PM
Silvafox
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMW 325 Ci Sport Automatic

Anyone got/had one of these? Just interested as I've been offered one through work on a 54 plate. Whats the performance like? Will be test driving one in week but just interested in anyones opinions on the power and whether the automatic/tiptronic is any good?

Cheers
Old 05 June 2005, 05:07 PM
MAFFA
Scooby Regular

Location: Down South to Ooop North to Back Down South again!!
Smile

We've got a 323ci manual & the performance isn't bad. It's a lot more refined and quieter than driving a scoob. It's very good for doing motorway miles as we drove the 300 miles down south without having to stop whereas in the scoob we needed a break and were a lot more tired.

I did drive the neighbours 325 Auto and the performance isn't bad either. I suppose it depends on what you want it for really. If you're going from a scoob with the hope of still getting the same fun & excitement then don't do it as you'll be bored of it within a week, but if you're buying it coz you do a lot of miles or you just want to become a lot more "sensible" then yes i'd recommend it.

I think the 0-60 is around 7.5-8.0 seconds so it's not blistering but still rspectable.

MAFFA
Old 05 June 2005, 10:53 PM
Silvafox
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MAFFA
We've got a 323ci manual & the performance isn't bad. It's a lot more refined and quieter than driving a scoob. It's very good for doing motorway miles as we drove the 300 miles down south without having to stop whereas in the scoob we needed a break and were a lot more tired.

I did drive the neighbours 325 Auto and the performance isn't bad either. I suppose it depends on what you want it for really. If you're going from a scoob with the hope of still getting the same fun & excitement then don't do it as you'll be bored of it within a week, but if you're buying it coz you do a lot of miles or you just want to become a lot more "sensible" then yes i'd recommend it.

I think the 0-60 is around 7.5-8.0 seconds so it's not blistering but still rspectable.

MAFFA
Cheers mate, always nice to hear an opinion of an owner rather than reading brochures or reviews. Did the auto seem any slower or about the same? I'm not expecting the same 'excitement' as I get with the scooby but am hoping for some decent 'grunt' from a 325. Ideally I wanted the 330ci sport but thats not an option at the minute. Whats the ride like? Is it fairly firm? I was looking in one at Sytners in Notts and they seem quite low compared to the non-sport models. I assume the ci sports have a different setup suspension wise etc.

Simon