Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

daihatsu charade gtti's anyone had one?

Search this Thread

Old 23 May 2005, 11:32 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default daihatsu charade gtti's anyone had one?

anyone point in the route for some good information on them?
what are they like as an everyday fun car?
are they easy to work on?
how tuneable?
and most of all what insurance group are they?
Old 24 May 2005, 08:38 AM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AllanB had one I think, not sure if he still has it though, he was in process of setting up a site. This is going back a little while though....
Sure he'll spot this post though...
Old 24 May 2005, 08:48 AM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

AllenB is your man. Check out the Daihatsu BBS for all the info you could ever require.

http://forums.eis.net.au/index.php
Old 25 May 2005, 06:41 AM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Hiya I'm here. Yes I have 3 of the little pocket rockets and am sorting out show photoshoots with Retro Cars and JTuner.

The club website is playing up so please email me at allan.bayman@btinternet.com

They are very tuneable. 150bhp will make it quicker than a UK scoob, I have an Impreza too so can verify that. 200bhp is possible well 240 actually but then things do get a little unreliable.

If kept fairly standard they can be very reliable. Head gaskets do tend to go occasionally but overall they are very good. They are also very easy to work on apart from changing gearboxes which is a 4 hour job.

I';m crap with spanners but have already done a gasket change and head rebuild on one and am doing another as we speak and have a bottom end to rebuild to build my track car.

I can honeslty say when I had my red GTti going that I did not use my Impreza for 6 weeks as the GTti is simply more fun to drive and sounds like something off a rally stage.

The link from the main url is broken but you can see the site at http://uk.geocities.com/charadegttiuk2002/ . Its not been updated for a few weeks though but it give you an idea.

I run the owners club and we have a bi monthly magazine and meet wuite often having just met at JapFest and we'll be at the pod on the 19th of June.

Oh and we have timed runs from Trax last year showing a GTti doing the 0-60 sprint quicker than a Focus RS and not just one but 2 GTtis quicker than any Focus that ran that day.

AllanB

Last edited by AllanB; 25 May 2005 at 06:44 AM.