Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Bentley Continental GT

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2005, 05:13 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bentley Continental GT

I dont usually take a lot of notice of stuff I cant afford but one has appeared on the end of our road, its black and it makes me dribble when I pass it, cant really understand why these are cheaper than the old models, I suppose the Arnage etc are more bespoke and exclusive but the Conti GT seems to offer more for your money, 550 bhp, V12, 4wd etc etc.

Will be interesting to see how these go in years to come, will they end up going a bit low rent as more are sold, you know like old jag XJS or will they stay exclusive like the Aston DB7 as thats been around ten years and still looks upmarket. I expect not as its not a Jag but who knows with all the footballers, Rappers and Lottery Winners, not that I would raise its profile !

Anyway theres a pretty good configurator on the Bentley website to play with, so far I am choosing between Beluga Black (same as the neighbours so that wouldnt do) or St James red, got confused on the interior (you can make it look like a fun pub/McDonalds) if you pick the wrong colour so it was Beluga Black with Piano black Veneers

I wonder how long it would be between getting it and having it repainted because some **** had run their keys down it ?
Old 07 May 2005, 05:19 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

J4CKO,
Yeah done that too mate, I was going to work a few months back and I could hear quite a loud burble from behind and what do I see, you guessed it Bentley Continental, well I pulled over and let the guy go and the beautiful sound it made when he went by, WoW, I tried to stay with him, I was doing 90mph and he was pulling away quite rapid, well I was in my old Nova
Cheers
Colin
Old 07 May 2005, 05:26 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

'well I was in my old Nova'

I always like to see optimism !
Old 08 May 2005, 01:13 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

The problem with the new conti is it's new school. Its also a true mass production car and shares many parts with the VW Phaeton

Not that it makes it a bad car...it's superb in every way (except maybe a bit bland in the styling), but the old boys clubs sneer at such crass things. So the car really only suits pimps, rappers, and footballers.

Drive an old school Mulliner built Continental R or T and there is a huge difference in the class that the car is aimed for, there is something truely unique about it whoch the new continentals just do not have. The new GT is certainly a lower class car..even if it is a better car in terms of engineering, it lacks something...call it distinction perhaps or individulality, as it is a mas production car, wheras previous Bentleys were built to order.

I think that is why the prices are tumbling on these when compared to the Anage and Old shape Continentals.
Old 08 May 2005, 03:41 PM
Tim-Grove
Scooby Regular

Theres a Bentley Continental GT on a gippo caravan site i have to pass on the way to work every morrning
Old 08 May 2005, 03:52 PM
Kevin Groat
Scooby Regular

Tim, that's worth a photo I reckon
Old 08 May 2005, 04:00 PM
Tim-Grove
Scooby Regular

It’s already been in the Dailymail about 2-3 months back along with photos of an X5 and a new shape HSE Landrover Discovery
Old 08 May 2005, 09:39 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

There is a few at the gym i go to

Lovely looking cars, if i make what i want to this year then it might be on the shopping list
Old 08 May 2005, 10:13 PM
slim_boy_fat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tim-Grove
It’s already been in the Dailymail about 2-3 months back along with photos of an X5 and a new shape HSE Landrover Discovery
That's it I can't take any more, fecking tinks with cars like that, what the **ck is it all about...

Were's the nearest bridge?
Old 10 May 2005, 08:47 AM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

Two words: Plastic Grille
Old 10 May 2005, 08:57 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

The fact that they are always on the same shopping lists as Escalades puts me right off them Go to the Deansgate area of Manchester on a Saturday night and you'll see a couple with 20"+ Spinners on
Old 10 May 2005, 09:04 AM
Gav
Scooby Regular

CrisPDuk your right, you see a few tidy motors around that area, saw 3 Maserati's and an X5 on 24's the other day

Wheres your restaraunt mate??

Gav..
Old 10 May 2005, 05:40 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

So the Continental GT is Doing for Bently what the X-Type Has done for Jaguar

Trashing the Brand
Old 10 May 2005, 06:25 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Damn, best cancel the order. They still look pretty classy to me, however anything trolling Deansgate tends to look bling and slightly scummy as you know the owners will be
a little wurr, a little bit whoa, a little bit tasty.