Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Evo6 Exhaust Change ?

Search this Thread

Old 08 April 2005, 01:33 PM
NelsonUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evo6 Exhaust Change ?

Well I collect my new motor next weekend and am looking to change out the stock exhaust for something with a bit more pressence. Now I have asked the question on a few Evo forums and not getting much luck so has anyone on here any experience on what Cat Back system is the one to go for. I have driven an Evo5 with a HKS Hiper Muffler fitted and liked that a lot but GGR tell me that this pipe is no longer produced and that it has been replaced with the HKS Hi-Power Silent?? I have heard this system on a TypeR fully decatted scoob and it sound lovely - however I've never heard one on an Evo ?

Any thoughts/advice would be very welcome.
Old 08 April 2005, 01:47 PM
DAVE-W
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by NelsonUK
Well I collect my new motor next weekend and am looking to change out the stock exhaust for something with a bit more pressence. Now I have asked the question on a few Evo forums and not getting much luck so has anyone on here any experience on what Cat Back system is the one to go for. I have driven an Evo5 with a HKS Hiper Muffler fitted and liked that a lot but GGR tell me that this pipe is no longer produced and that it has been replaced with the HKS Hi-Power Silent?? I have heard this system on a TypeR fully decatted scoob and it sound lovely - however I've never heard one on an Evo ?

Any thoughts/advice would be very welcome.
I have the HKS full de-cat system on my 6 (it was fitted as part of the xt330 conversion by Xtreme I believe). The cat is now back on and the performance difference was very marginal in my opinion. Still sounds good too.

Xtreme now fit a Hayward and Scott system as part of the conversion, so it may be worth considering. Give parts / service a call on 01384216101.....always bee n very helpful

Dave
Old 08 April 2005, 02:00 PM
blot
Scooby Regular

NelsonUK

Worth a look at RC Developments systems, I have one of their own straight through systems on my 5, makes just the right noises without being too OTT

www.rcdevelopments.com
Old 09 April 2005, 01:59 PM
RichiW
Scooby Regular

How noisy do you want it to be?

Are you bothered more about performance than comfort? Or would you like something inbetween?
Old 09 April 2005, 02:58 PM
NelsonUK
Scooby Regular

Its ok Guys since my post I have been onto power engineering and ordered the HKS Hiper (thats if they have any) and otherewise will be ringin TSL as they do a spot on system for the Evo

Thanks
Old 09 April 2005, 05:31 PM
Rich D
Scooby Regular

My mate had a full Blitz system on his VI including de-cat and it really free'd up some grunt, the standard system is so weedy in comparison.
Old 09 April 2005, 08:34 PM
Daryl
Scooby Senior

Had a Ralliart stainless steel on mine, followed by Magnex and, finally, Blitz NurSpec. The Blitz is far and away the most popular for Evos, and for good reason. It looks good, sounds good and is stainless steel. It also has a bung that you can fit to make it a bit quieter. In contrast, the HKS is made of mild steel and won't last as long. It doesn't sound as good either, IMHO.

FWIW, fitting a decent exhaust on my 6 gave about 310bhp, with no other mods