Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

What should I do??

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2005, 07:06 PM
falkster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I do??

Girlfriend is about to pass her test (hopefully) and I was gonna let her have my car 2000 Hyundai Coupe F2 Evo so I can bring my E30 M3 out of retirement.

Anyway Ive been thinking it may be a touch too much for her for a first car but I will be driving it a bit too so have thought about replacing it......the choices of car are varied.

Citroen C2 VTR
Lupo 16 valve
Mini Cooper
Fabia VRS

but not sure if I would want to drive any of those

Any ideas
Old 22 March 2005, 09:04 PM
amazinggrace
Super Muppet

Location: Little Green Men, come from Mars, look they've stolen all my bra'''''s'''''!'''''''

Get her a Smart car! I loved mine. I only agreed to the Scooby because my current place of work is on a working farm and the drive down muddy gravel tracks were ruining my car. We did get a Jeep Grand Cherokee as a 2nd car but that thing liked juice too much and was murder for me to park.
I personally wouldn't drive a Mini if I was paid to, that electrical whine they make is awful. As for the other choices only thing i would consider is the Lupo, but i'd go for the quirky Smart every time. Cheap to insure, mpg costs are very very low, brilliant visability and can park them anywhere.
When you first pass your test you don't need a fast car, but you can remap Smarts and watch in amazement as you overtake people who think your car is electric!

ps, I wish her luck and hope she does well, I know its got a lot harder since I took it.
Old 23 March 2005, 12:17 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

If you are looking to sell the Hyundai, let me know as i have a friend looking for one.
Old 25 March 2005, 10:19 PM
falkster
Scooby Regular

She has decided on a new Tigra!!! Our company gets 15% discount at Niddvale Motors in Harrogate and they have a few pre-reg 54 with no miles on for the very good price of £12495 and then the discount. Thats £10620 for a car with the same equipment would be £15500 new