Audi A3 first service £241 and they dont like me

Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2005, 09:12 AM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A3 first service £241 and they dont like me

at the dealers ............

Great customer service I must admit. Got given free drinks (well when i say free.....), then the guy comes and sits down and explains the service line by line. We use 4.5 litres of oil, screen wash etc etc ..... We then give your car a wash and hoover out and the total is £241. While the missis was getting her card out to pay I asked what the hourly rate was and he replied £79.99......I then proceeded to tell him the next time I wouldn't bother having the £50 wash and scrub up I would do it myself. He looked at me like I had two heads lol ......Its got to have taken at least 20mins and at £79.99 +vat I dont think ill bother next time....... Maybe i'm just tight and its nice to have the car back clean but when you work out what it cost you to hell with that ............

Gary

Oh and the missis says Im not allowed to come with her the next time she pics the car up from its service

Forgot to say it had done 19,000 miles before the first service so not bad value for money in the scheme of things.
Old 31 January 2005, 12:24 PM
03-CTR
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Theiving ***** and I fear the costs are typical for Audi. Got to be one of the most expensive of any dealership out there. Trouble is I don't see why (no offence to your mota).

Appart from looks (most Audi's look great IMO), the prestige and nice plastic Audi don't have anything over say, Honda in terms of quality/reliability/engineering/residuals so it stumps me why the running costs should be so high
Old 31 January 2005, 04:38 PM
ChrisB

I bet the price of screen wash was sky high too.
Old 31 January 2005, 07:44 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

As long as the car is serviced to Audi spec and original parts are used it doesn't matter who services it, Audi must maintain the warranty...it's all down to the new EU rulings. Get your bits from Audi, get a service check sheet off the dealer, which they have to give you under EU gubbins, take the car where ever you like, job's a guddun!

*I work in aftermarket technical data publishing and the above is correct to the best of my knowledge but I accept no responsibilty for fooking your life up!*
Old 31 January 2005, 08:05 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a racket, all underpinned by the fact they wont fix it if you take it elsewhere or do it yourself, makes me wonder why changing the oil yourself stops them paying out if the stereo goes on the blink or and electric window stops working ?

To be honest I take my chances and do stuff myself, dont trust the average garage mechanic, some are pro's, the other 95% are butchers with the mechincal finnese of our dog.
Old 31 January 2005, 09:01 PM
Trem
Scooby Regular

Your dog did a great job on my car though!!
Old 01 February 2005, 01:05 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
Oh and the missis says Im not allowed to come with her the next time she pics the car up from its service
Ooh, I can't think why!
Old 01 February 2005, 01:27 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Do a little digging on 'block exemption', I found this from the DTIvia Google, an extract..

Q4. What effect will the new block exemption have on the car repair and servicing market?

These changes will mean more competition in the servicing and repair market leading to lower costs and higher standards for consumers.

The after-sales market will be opened up, with a change to the rules linking new car sales and servicing. Dealers will still have to ensure that customers' cars are serviced and repaired to manufacturer-approved standards, but they will no longer have to do it themselves; and, independent garages and roadside assistance organisations will have much greater access to technical information, including diagnostic equipment and software.

Dealers will be freer to determine how they run their businesses. The better the service they offer, the more they will be rewarded. Poor performers will find it
harder to survive.
There's no need to pay through the nose at dealers anymore
Old 01 February 2005, 02:20 PM
MonkeyJismTea
Scooby Regular

I have an A3 and I must say its a great car, the only problem so far is the service timer, it first said it needed a service at 3000 miles so i took it to the dealers who said they would get it sorted whixh took 2 hours (but full valet on the car) now the car has done 6000 miles it says it needs a service again, so going to have to take it back to dealers to get it sorted, but I am just waiting for the car to get really dirty first.