Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Anyone recently done the single seater day at brands??

Search this Thread

Old 08 October 2004, 12:00 PM
waggy doo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone recently done the single seater day at brands??

In a couple of weeks i have a half day racing jobby at brands,i have done the rally school there and fancied the single seater.
Just wondered if anyone on here has done this as i would like to know what they thought and what the cars are like etc etc.

Cheers
Old 08 October 2004, 01:17 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

I did this a couple of years back.. A few laps in a Beemer then 8 laps or so in the Formula First cars..

Great fun, you do actually learn stuff that makes you faster and safer on the roads as well as the track..

Enjoy yourself mate, just beware that if someone takes a video of you to watch later you'll be disappointed with how slow you look even though you know you were going full tilt I was lapping people on my day, including my dad who was gutted, yet in the video i resemble an old lady in a micra

TIP: if you're being recorded for posterity make sure your cameraman doesn't stand at the end of a straight filming you come towards him!
Old 08 October 2004, 10:14 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Likewise, done this a few years back, over all too quickly from what I can remember. I think they limit you to 4K revs for your first time, if you go back they give you more revs .

In the briefing they really stress to take it easy, but when I went out with the instructor he was telling me to get a move on.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it, have a great day.

Allan
Old 10 October 2004, 09:24 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Yea I done one of these days at Brands back in 2000, great fun. Even though I did get pulled in the pits for exceeding the rev limit

My brother done the same thing a year or so ago, again at brands, and they have changed the cars since I done mine. You now go in an Audi TT instead of a 3 series BMW, and they have also upgraded the single seaters and now they have front and rear wings etc........however I think my bro said they have actually fitted rev limiters to them now?

Anyway you will have a good time
Old 10 October 2004, 10:16 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

My g/f organised this for my birthday a couple of years back. We went out in a Formula Palmer Audis which were pretty obviously strangled in terms of rev limit and turbo boost but it was still fun. Got the fastest lap of the day too