Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Honda civic type R recall?

Search this Thread

Old 02 October 2004, 12:35 AM
Albert47
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda civic type R recall?

Anybody know anything about this? It is something to do with a steering problem?? Heard this in a conversation, just wondered?

Also what would you think of this. A (2003/03) honda civic type R 18 months old. 13000 miles, had 4 new tyres and new clutch plate(bearings gone). Does this sound resonable or has it been thrashed that much that its needed new tyres and clutch plate.

Cheers Adam
Old 02 October 2004, 07:21 AM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know
Thumbs up

Not heard anything from peeps I know with a ctr but you're best off going to the civic type r forum. Plenty of SNer with them and who aren't exactly known for driving sedately either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02 October 2004, 08:39 AM
super_si
Scooby Regular

yeah there is something to do with the rear passenger wish bone. OR some piece of suspension, i know that when my mate had his tyres done this is how he found out. Definatly rear sus mate, Id ask the dealer
Old 02 October 2004, 09:05 AM
crofty
Scooby Regular

Mate has one, front suspension struts are an issue as well as geometry, he has had a gear box rebuild, alarm module on going water leaks from doors, uneven tyre wear, and he truley drives it quite sensibly.
Old 02 October 2004, 10:54 AM
anc-sti
Scooby Regular

Go to the Honda website put in your car details and vin and it will tell you if your car is due to be recalled.

My Cousin works in the warranty department at Swindon I'll ask him if there's going to be a large recall or just batches of effected cars.

Have to say never had a problem with mine and the geometry problems were only meant to be on the very early models.
Old 06 October 2004, 09:23 AM
boobaru
Scooby Newbie

Anybody know anything about this? It is something to do with a steering problem?? Heard this in a conversation, just wondered?

Also what would you think of this. A (2003/03) honda civic type R 18 months old. 13000 miles, had 4 new tyres and new clutch plate(bearings gone). Does this sound resonable or has it been thrashed that much that its needed new tyres and clutch plate.

Yes this sounds right, had a 52 CTR before the Scooby. There are problems with the rear suspension arms causing uneven tyre wear (inside edge), there has also been replacement steering racks on a number of cars. Haven't heard too much about clutches. These issues affect all ages of the car it just seems to be something that Honda haven't quite managed to sort out. Because of the rears arms the steering in the car is twitchy and a number of people have complained about the car jerking to the side for no reason when you least expect it, happened to me when I was overtaking, pulled me over to the left talk about shocked!!

The car is still amazing to drive and the problems didnt put me off it, unfortunately I got divorced from it