MAZDA RX8

Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2004, 05:59 PM
ByByR1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question MAZDA RX8

Anybody changed to one from a scoob?
Wife wants to change her STi7 Prodrive for a new RX8.
All coments welcomed.
Old 19 September 2004, 06:45 PM
MarkWRX
Scooby Regular

I changed from an STi7 to an RX8 last year and no regrets.

They are both good cars but very different, the STi is significantly quicker but the RX8 more fun IMHO.

I loved the STi but I wanted a change as I found I was only enjoying driving it when at license losing speeds and at low speed off boost it was sometimes a bit of a drag.

The Mazda handles great, is RWD, and you dont have to be driving it that fast to have fun. It is more relaxing and comfortable on a long drive, and it comes with a huge standard spec. I also think it looks great.

If you will miss the push in the back feeling of speed you get from the STi, and the huge amount of grip from the AWD then the RX8 may not be the car for you. If you like RWD in a good handling, fast, high spec car with a quality interior that is a nice place to be, and revving to 9500rpm then the RX8 may be for you.

Oh.. and yes fuel consumption isnt great, but it is better than the STi. You also need to top up the oil, but this is no great problem and I dont understand why people make an issue of it. I think Ive used about 7 litres in 12000 miles. Its part of the uniqueness of the rotary engine.

Short answer....go for a test drive.

And final plug, unfortunately mines up for sale as we are moving house in case you are interested .....

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/d...?i=28308&s=338
Old 19 September 2004, 06:54 PM
ByByR1
Scooby Regular

Thats the one we want but getting over £17k for the STi against an 04 with sat nav priced at £22k.
fancy a few grand and my STi, save me a grand and you a headache.