Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

DOES ANYONE WORK FOR A MITSUBISHI DEALER

Search this Thread

Old 18 September 2004, 09:08 PM
Dave C.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DOES ANYONE WORK FOR A MITSUBISHI DEALER

Hi today i went down to my local dealers to have a test drive in a new shogun warrior(SWB)3.2 diesel and what a beast i want one but i do not want to take delivery till begin of december as we are away for a month and not back till then the price on this vehicle is 24k (cash deal) but they said the vehicle needs to be paid/taxed/delivered for end of sept to get it at this price as they are stocking a new model from this date same spec only change multi-changer & sat-nav that i wont use at all but price goes back to list £27.995 so would you know if any dealer would take my deposit and order me this vehicle for begin of december delivery as i dont want it to be sitting on my drive when we are not there when they are being stolen to order by you no who!!(would you like your drive tarmac'd).

CHEERS.
Old 18 September 2004, 09:18 PM
matttyevo
Scooby Regular

Black night on the MLR might help out he's mitsi dealer

Originally Posted by Dave C.
Hi today i went down to my local dealers to have a test drive in a new shogun warrior(SWB)3.2 diesel and what a beast i want one but i do not want to take delivery till begin of december as we are away for a month and not back till then the price on this vehicle is 24k (cash deal) but they said the vehicle needs to be paid/taxed/delivered for end of sept to get it at this price as they are stocking a new model from this date same spec only change multi-changer & sat-nav that i wont use at all but price goes back to list £27.995 so would you know if any dealer would take my deposit and order me this vehicle for begin of december delivery as i dont want it to be sitting on my drive when we are not there when they are being stolen to order by you no who!!(would you like your drive tarmac'd).

CHEERS.
Old 18 September 2004, 09:53 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

I'd haggle on the new model, it'll be near the year end so you should get a good deal.

Chris
Old 18 September 2004, 10:27 PM
Dave C.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chris's scooby
I'd haggle on the new model, it'll be near the year end so you should get a good deal.

Chris
I also thought that very near to xmas but the dealer was trying to tell me no deal would be available on this model even for cash i think he was full of s**t
im sure car sales drop big time around xmas .
Old 19 September 2004, 07:31 AM
Silver Knight
Scooby Regular

The deal on the 04 models is helped with some extra cash from the manufacter and will be withdrawn at the end of september.
The car has to be registered to get the extra money.
There are only about 10/12 SWB Warriors left in the country.
If you want this price you will have to pay for the car now and have it registered then ask the dealer to store it for you till DEC, it won't make any difference to the 2nd hand value as will still be a "54 reg" car. but you will lose a couple of months tax.
Tony
There wont be a better deal at Xmas (maybe 26K at best)
Old 19 September 2004, 11:05 AM
R1916v
Scooby Regular

Yeah if the car is what you awnt can't you ask the dealer to store it for you until you pick it up?
Old 19 September 2004, 10:36 PM
Dave C.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by R1916v
Yeah if the car is what you awnt can't you ask the dealer to store it for you until you pick it up?
The dealer said they would keep it in there yard but dont like the idea of that until we are back as i spoke to my insurance and they said the vehicle will not be insured whilst in there yard!! so i would only worry about it being marked in anyway like when people look around cars and scratch them with coat zips as i seen many new cars with marks on whilst on dealer forecourts and dont want to have to ask my dealer to put things right if this happens.
They are going to call me on monday to see if i want the vehicle but it looks like i will have to find a private one for sale and save a heep of money as im not in a rush but i do think bad time to bring new model out (same spec)and ask £27.995 so near xmas dont see how people are going to rush out and buy.
Old 20 September 2004, 09:31 PM
Dave C.
Scooby Regular

Well this morn i gave Harratts misu a call and the deal they offered was the new model 05 with hard wheel cover,parkin censors,hide away tow bar,
£26k
So when the first dealer i spoke to on sat called me i told them the deal Harratts offered me they matched it but could not better it and ive got december deliver so on saturday when they said they could not do it and now they can as they dont want to lose a sale to a outside dealer but they should have been straight with me from day one as i ve brought from Harratts now he gave me no crap over the phone just a good deal.