Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default EVOs all imports ?

(prior to V111 ) ...and how does 7 compare to scooby of same year
Old 15 May 2004, 11:51 AM
Rich D
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Evo's 1-4 were all imports, a few 5's were brought in officially by Ralliart and coverted to UK spec, then from 6's onwards there were proper UK cars available through Mitsubushi main dealers that were Ralliart cars.
Old 15 May 2004, 12:52 PM
scoobycar60
Scooby Regular

All evos uk dealer "official" cars were brought in and SVA'd as "imports" much like private imports by CCC/Ralliart right up to the current 260 8 which is the first type approved official Mitsibushi supplied cars. The MR versions are still being brought in as per previous imports. Warranties are supported by CCC I am not sure if this is the same with the 260,it may be Mitsibushi for the first year at least.

The first MR customer cars (my FQ340 included) are being prepared at ralliart now, mine has been SVA'd and registered already, as soon as it is finished (days rather than weeks now) I will be running it in in record time.

Mega fuel budget requirement set aside now!

Last edited by scoobycar60; 15 May 2004 at 12:57 PM.
Old 15 May 2004, 12:58 PM
jason4656
Scooby Regular

thats right, they are ALL imports, just ccc add the fq kit and warranty, or you buy urself a gsr import before ccc get their hands on it save urself 5-9k and spend that money on mods, as the ccc warranty is as bad as a 3rd party warranty i have heard anyway, so hardly worth having.
Old 15 May 2004, 04:22 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

ccc what/how long is warranty . Went to see evo 7, '01,260 standard, today £17000 1 uk owner Cyprus import ..anygood ...I ve got 270 ish old sti at the mo - would evo be much worse on fuel ? thank for info

Last edited by dpb; 15 May 2004 at 04:24 PM.
Old 15 May 2004, 05:08 PM
scoobycar60
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by jason4656
thats right, they are ALL imports, just ccc add the fq kit and warranty, or you buy urself a gsr import before ccc get their hands on it save urself 5-9k and spend that money on mods, as the ccc warranty is as bad as a 3rd party warranty i have heard anyway, so hardly worth having.
Rant on.........

I am so bored of this argument.Here and on the MLR anyone who buys an official UK car and pays for the factory mods is declared a sucker. What a load of bollux!

I have investigated all the ways of getting a new evo8 and chosen what I want the safest way that suits me.
There are reasons for and against buying through mitsi dealers
You pay a SLIGHT price premium going the "official" route
£28,000 with a 3 year warranty that is comprehensive and Very Much worth having!(Excepting warped discs and corroded wheels)

Whenyou get your £25,000 car it has no warranty at all, yep, not even a day
If it comes off the docks and has been damaged, had bits stolen etc who do you claim off? I know there are some good guys about, NigelS etc.
But you are also trusting a small company with a large payment before you have seen the car.

Once you get the car assuming it gets through the SVA with a model report (not everyone has one of these in their back pocket) the best recommendation is to spend the £1500 to buy a warrenty of Mitsibushi. Then sort out an alarm.

OK so I have forked out £32,000 or so for an FQ340 thats up to me I know I'm a lucky bar steward in that I can afford this but thats the score.

If I was going the value for money route the 260 (not an import but a european type approved model) is the best value with by all accounts 280+ bhp out of the box!.

I dont intend to mod my car at all, been there, done that unless you spend loads then the on the road performance improvement is not huge and engine/gearbox bills can be huge, I know this as I have blown up over stressed engines replaced clutches then knackered the gearbox on similar cars myself.(A long and very sad story where I finally atributed the majority of blame on myself for wild optimism on the knowledge and ability of others tuning/working on my cars)

So make your own mind up and ignore the smug one liners knocking official cars.

Rant off......
Old 15 May 2004, 05:22 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Well said scoobycar

Matt - Evo8 FQ330 owner
Old 15 May 2004, 05:39 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobycar60

If I was going the value for money route the 260 (not an import but a european type approved model) is the best value with by all accounts 280+ bhp out of the box!.
is this just the latest V 8 260 only where does cyprus come into it ? presumably like peeps gettin scoobys from holland
Old 15 May 2004, 10:59 PM
gridgway
Scooby Regular

test drove an FQ300 today and wanted to be blown away. It was good, but didn't really hit the spot. Not enough wow factor over my 3 yr old (standard) P1 to make me change.

Are the higher spec ones markedly different in performance terms?

Mind you thought it was better than the standard ppp'ed UK spec car though.

Graham
Old 15 May 2004, 11:53 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

apart from more hp , poss , and this ayc gubbins why should u have been ..
Old 16 May 2004, 08:42 AM
scoobycar60
Scooby Regular

P1 is IMHO one of the best scoobs anyway, light and well composed on the road it is only lacking the DCCD.

The only place you could realistically see the wow factor is on a track where the Super anti yaw comes into effect.

Power to weight level of an FQ300 is on a par with what you have now s performance will be similar.

You should have noticed the steering input is far more direct than your P1 although the P1 is far better than the new age models (except perhaps the C spec) IMHO.

The MR spec has a differant suspension set up, slightly softer and better suited to our roads (apparently-not driven it yet)

Try an MR FQ340 before you right evos off!
Old 16 May 2004, 11:45 AM
Daryl
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by scoobycar60
I dont intend to mod my car...unless you spend loads then the on the road performance improvement is not huge and engine/gearbox bills can be huge, I know this as I have blown up over stressed engines replaced clutches then knackered the gearbox on similar cars myself
That's not true, at least in my experience. It's cheap and easy to get an extra 80bhp out of an Evo and reliably too. And the performance improvement is huge
Old 16 May 2004, 07:52 PM
gridgway
Scooby Regular

yep, scoobycar, you have got it spot on. The steering was very nice, light, sure direct. Better than the P1 by a smidge. Performance about the same as you say.

I drove Litcho's red Spec C demonstrator a while back and that would be the car for me if I could buy it locally, with a scoob warranty and with p-ex (I'm a lazy soandso).

Don't really want to go to the dark side, but there isn't a suitable standard UK spec scoob that can entice me. I can't be ar*ed to chase a WR1 and I'm not buying a car without trying one.

Hey, ho. On with the P1 then.

But hey, what on earth is that speedo on the Evo? So small it's ridiculous!

Graham
Old 16 May 2004, 09:17 PM
jason4656
Scooby Regular

sorry i think its nonsense, i got a 25k brand new car, standard 8 gsr with a warranty, I will spend less than 3k to have it at 360+bhp. The warranty may be as good as ccc, but all I ever hear on the mlr is, its not worth the paper its written on, so whats the point in paying more for it?? I dont understand, I never want to keep a car standard so i never go for a uk car, always go for imports, but thats just me and thats the way i prefer it