Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

350Z

Search this Thread

Old 10 May 2004, 09:09 PM
cactus jim
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350Z

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, guys i need some help if poss, i do hope no one did this last week, and apologies if they did.

now that my insurance company have taken a dislike to my Type R, i need to move on and get, effectively, a normal car rather than the beast from the east.

great, my first choice would be a porsche 993 c2, however as i live & work in town, Porsche's are wonderful cars, but it may be a little too much.

so i was thinking 350Z for a year or two whilst i am living here, obviously these are only really available new, most second hand ones seem to have covered 5000+ miles in a matter of months.

this is where i need the help, can anyone assist with information:-

will an import 350Z have the same det problems as my type r?

is saving the 2-3k on the import worth saving over the new one with warranty? can i buy aftermarket warranty as i have done on my type r?

will i lose £3k or 4k as you used to with new cars straight away, nissan dealers (;() say these are going to be very limited therefore hold there value, and indeed the ones on autotrader are quite highly priced. anyone have a view here?

is the convertible coming out over here soon? when that is launched, will it seriously devalue the coupe? nissan again say no until at least next summer, but with all due respect, say no more!!

anyone bought one, sold one or got any views on buying one?

(PS i am not leaving subaru, however will get a cheaper track version next time!!)
Old 11 May 2004, 08:18 AM
Kyl3cook
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cactus jim
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, guys i need some help if poss, i do hope no one did this last week, and apologies if they did.

now that my insurance company have taken a dislike to my Type R, i need to move on and get, effectively, a normal car rather than the beast from the east.

great, my first choice would be a porsche 993 c2, however as i live & work in town, Porsche's are wonderful cars, but it may be a little too much.

so i was thinking 350Z for a year or two whilst i am living here, obviously these are only really available new, most second hand ones seem to have covered 5000+ miles in a matter of months.

this is where i need the help, can anyone assist with information:-

will an import 350Z have the same det problems as my type r?

is saving the 2-3k on the import worth saving over the new one with warranty? can i buy aftermarket warranty as i have done on my type r?

will i lose £3k or 4k as you used to with new cars straight away, nissan dealers (;() say these are going to be very limited therefore hold there value, and indeed the ones on autotrader are quite highly priced. anyone have a view here?

is the convertible coming out over here soon? when that is launched, will it seriously devalue the coupe? nissan again say no until at least next summer, but with all due respect, say no more!!

anyone bought one, sold one or got any views on buying one?

(PS i am not leaving subaru, however will get a cheaper track version next time!!)
Hello mate,

I too was looking at the 350z in depth before Admiral looked upon me favourably, and gave me a stonking quote for an MR320. I'll try and help.

1) Not sure about Det problems, but to get hold of a new 350z, you're looking at october time for delivery.

2) The UK cars are holding (and in some cases increasing) their value, but it's just that damn wait!

3) The cabriolet shoudl be out next spring I think.

As for liking it...I loved it. It wasn't as fast as an evo/scooby obvioulsy, but it felt nice, and still shifted. The interior is georgeous (esp the burnt orange leather), and teh GT pack is the one to go for. Gear change is a dream, and you get cruise control and mobile phone answering on the steering wheel (there is already a mobile phone place in the compartment between the two seats).

to sum up....I couldn't believe how much I liked the way the boot opened....damn nice car!
Old 11 May 2004, 10:30 AM
cactus jim
Scooby Regular

Whats an MR320?

I am being quoted August which is not too bad, however if i remember rightly the same happened to the TT, then they dropped as soon as the ragtop was launched which the dealer insisted it would not be till late 2005.

i will go and test one and see what i think.

anyone else have any advice, i have seen a couple of mean import Veilside ones appearing at importers!!

Last edited by cactus jim; 11 May 2004 at 10:33 AM.