Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Just been out in my first Evo

Search this Thread

Old 30 April 2004, 02:52 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Just been out in my first Evo

pretty nice, its a evo 6 ralliart car which aperntly is a "proper" uk car (even tho there all imports)

theres allways been rivalry between me and my mate, genral banter, anything to take the **** out of each other, all good fun

he bought a clio 172 and used to enjoy hammering me in my veccy, i bought the wrx and he was adament that it "could waste all wrx`s"

of course he had been racing early models and such and was promplty shown the fat **** of the scooby, so he bought a Evo6

been loads of banter scince, ill drop in and take the **** for a bit and he does the same, his car IS better specc`d then mine, but it should be for the price diffrence

i told him a while back about my minor mods and sum good 1/4 mile times and we have been at our throats ever scince

a week or so back i called in and he came over all happy and stuff talking about "how im going to thrash your **** off" etc etc
hes booked it into rc developments and had a stage 1 tune which im told pushes the evo to 305bhp, he was confident of victory and a race was organised on private track

i casualy let him know about my turbo swap that day, he wouldnt bet any money after that but technicly the turbo i have now is actualy smaller then what was fitted as standerd vf23 vs vf22 @ standerd)

anyway, the time was set and i left, he sent me a text message few a few hours to go "not long to go now" etc etc, and he never turned up??

aperntly his car started fuel cutting and he bottled it, so ive banterd with him ever scince, today i called in and he took me out for a spin

my thoughts, evo 6`s are very nice inside, doorpannels and stuff reminded me of the later classic cars, seats looked very nice although i preferd the hold of the impreza versions, dash looked a lot classier, very nice, we pulled away, suspension felt quite stiff compared with mine (although im now running on new standerd uk turbo stuff) it wasnt harsh but it was stiff, would be easy to live with, he let it warm up and gave it sum welly, the engine sounded like a hoover
of course i had to take the ****, thats what we do to each other, but it did feel very smooth, pulled well except it hit the fuel cut a few times, was really nice and relaxed, he showed me a few roundabouts, he backed off and the back end went a bit pete tong

honestly cant judge from the passenger seat the diffrences (and aperntly his AYC is packing up and needs fixed) but it was kinda simmiler to what i own, was strange sitting there andmoving quite fast, while not looking at a bonnet vent and hearing a chugga chugga exhaust note. the brakes on the evo compleatly show up the brakes on my car (although they are 2 pots, but ive heard the 4 pots arnt much better)

we got back and he wanted to go out in mine, i took him out in mine a few weeks back but to be fair i was running the wrong turbo (td04) as a stop gap to keep me on the road and he was adament back then his was faster

so i took him for a drive, i saw him glanceing over at the speedo a lot, before he said "urrghh mick, your cars gonna kill mine"

we are going to elvington on the 16th for a bit of a battle, buts hes allready admitting that mines gonna toast him

hes now talking about fitting a new ecu so he can run more turbo boost (i think he said 1.5 bar??)

final thoughts
really nice cars, i would love to own one for a while, but i wouldnt like to pay the extra cash to end up with nigh on the same car at the end of it.
Old 30 April 2004, 03:07 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope your little jolly wasn't in company time

What are the rough spec's of both cars for a better idea of your comparison?

Stefan
Old 30 April 2004, 03:19 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

his is a rc developmets stage 1 evo 6
supposed to be 305bhp, cant rember the torque but 280 rings a bell? it was converted about 2 weeks back

mine is a 97wx with a cat back system, pannel filter, dawse device and a turbo swap (vf22 to vf23) i dont have a decat downpipe fitted yet, although my mate has. i think ive spent about £400 in total on engine mods due to me finding sum good second hand parts, and hes spent £700 just on his exhaust
Old 30 April 2004, 03:20 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ozzy
I hope your little jolly wasn't in company time
im off work on holidays, and he owns his company so he can do what he likes
Old 30 April 2004, 03:26 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL

****, you've still got a catted downpipe must be like driving a push-chair

I think power, a Scoob can be just as quick as any Evo although it is a bit easier to tune the Evo. Biggest argument I've heard in the Evo's favour has always been handling.

Have either of your done a lot to the suspension?

Stefan
Old 30 April 2004, 03:41 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

standerd on his and ive swapped mine for coilovers which i then sold and replaced with new ukturbo struts and springs

im expecting sum big gains when the downpipe is swapped, i was hopeing for the scooby shootout but ive knocked it on the head

my best 1/4mile time used to be 12.97 @ about 105mph (speed from memory)
but im expecting that to be beaten a little bit now