Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Honda Civic Coupe - Any Advise???

Search this Thread

Old 17 February 2004, 06:12 PM
Ali Scott
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Honda Civic Coupe - Any Advise???

Hi all, i've been offered a 94 L-Plate Honda Civic LSi 1.5 Coupe for £950 by a mate in the trade as a second run-about.
The Car has about 90K on the clock with some History and has been owned for the past 2-3 years by a mature owner.
I've got a grand to spend on a Motor and need some feed back from people about these cars as I dont want one if they're unreliable, expensive etc.
Its a Tidy looking motor and to be honest there aint alot out there that looks all that for under a thousand quid..

Any help/Advise much appreciated.

Ali Scott
Old 17 February 2004, 06:27 PM
Marky-San
Scooby Regular

Default Just check it out thoroughly

You very rarely seem to find a bad example of a civic - even the old ones from early reggies are in pretty good nick.

I have the newer shaped 1.6 LSi coupe (uglier in somes eyes, but no mine).

Mines done 90K, I've only had for about 8 months, and it hadnt been treated the best by a previous owner - but a little bit of tlc and its never let me down except for a sticking caliper a week ago, but everything else seems to stand up to a good bit of abuse. Electrics are very reliable which is a bonus.

I originally wanted the same shape as your car and found a few examples had light surface rust arond the rear arch - both cars were 120K+ though and probably not looked after bodily (i.e. regular waxing etc). I've seen alot older cars D and E reg and their body work would easily shame cars half their age.

Girlfriend has a wee 1.4 civic, shes done 50K and again its been totally reliable. regular servicing and care and it'll do you proud.

Like most cars, some parts will be kidney selling price-wise, but there's plenty of breakers and excellent part availability. For example - honda wanted 253 for the front caliper, but £50 bought a refurbed one - so I got two

best advice would be to go through all the usual checks for buying a car (independant/HPI etc). If its crud then walk away, as there are load of others out there.

All the best

Marky
Old 17 February 2004, 07:04 PM
Ali Scott
Scooby Regular

Cheers Marky,
My mate Works for a Ford Main Dealer and this Motor is coming in as a P/X and would be going to auction if I didn't have it, he's had it checked over and seems mechanically sound and is also HPI clear. Book price is around £1300 so for £950 I think I'm gonna go for it..
Old 17 February 2004, 08:05 PM
Marky-San
Scooby Regular

Nice one - let us know how you get on with it.

I used to dislike Civics as they were everywhere - now we have 2!! So I'm a total convertee
Old 20 February 2004, 05:25 PM
Ali Scott
Scooby Regular

Smile Just Picked it up.

Got it today, well happy..
Loads of Gadgets and a nice comfortable drive.. Paid Less than a grand in the end.

Old 26 February 2004, 08:39 PM
Marky-San
Scooby Regular

Hi mate - just saw your post -well done on the new car!! Superb price for less than 1K - looks in excellent condition as well.

Enjoy