Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Do I buy it??

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2004, 02:32 PM
Roojai
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm coming back from Hong Kong to England soon and if I have owned a car here for 6 months then it's dead cheap to bring it back.
My mate has got a R33 GTSt that is very nice (nice wheels, good suspension, nice stereo, Nismo body kit, boost control, turbo timer, exhaust etc etc) and he is prepared to sell it to me pretty cheap (he can't afford to run it any longer).
Problem is, I know he drove it pretty hard. It had a couple of fender-benders in his hands but all fixed up now. He did have a big problem with the engine about 10 months ago and got a re-conditioned engine from another skyline dropped in (from an auto!). When the muppets dropped the engine in they forgot the spigot bush (small bush between engine and gearbox as far as i can asertain), and now if you try and do a really fast change from first to second, at high revs, you get a bit of a crunch. No other problems related to this missing spigot bush.
A few problems then, but, it is a very good deal, and he is prepared to change ownership without payment so that I can qualify for the 6 months first.
Do I go for it, and enjoy skyline ownership in the UK at a fraction of the normal cost or run a mile because of these problems.
Old 19 January 2004, 03:00 PM
M3_chaz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well you could look at at this way at least you know the cars history. I bet there are a lot more cars out there with worse tails to tell. I guess it really depends on you and if your willing to take a chance.

As for the engine well 10months down the line its not as if it was a bad one that has been put in. In 10months anything that was not right should have gone by now.