Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Clio V6

Search this Thread

Old 22 December 2003, 12:49 PM
rickybouy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Currently driving a clio cup, (i know Renaults are built crap but its quick and cheap and not had one problem) but thinking of upgrading to a v6, has anyone driven one or know anything about them, i've got a test drive in a nice blue one booked for tommorow just hoping for a dry day!!! any opinions would be appreciated.
Old 22 December 2003, 02:13 PM
TVR Gary
Scooby Regular

Make sure its the new shape with the new lights etc. The old one was pretty badly slated for its performance and most def for its body kit fit. I looked at one when I sold the 172 and the kit looked like it had been fitted by a 12 year old who was doing his first air fix model..New one though is pretty well respected and reminds me of the old Metro 6R4. Have a read of this months EVO magazine

[Edited by TVR Gary - 12/22/2003 2:14:29 PM]
Old 22 December 2003, 04:02 PM
rickybouy
Scooby Regular

Cheers for reply mate, i read evo and they seemed to like it only thing that puts me of is the performance is not quite as good as it should be??? and i have heard that the cabin gets very hot due to the engine..
Old 22 December 2003, 05:59 PM
H7
Scooby Regular

I looked at one about six weeks ago, really liked it, but depreciation is HUGE. The one I looked at was a year old with only 550 miles, for £23k. Salesman phoned me last week and offered it to me for £19k. £27k new, one for sale not far from me, not quite four months old with 6,800 miles, for under £16k! I decided to wait a year and see if they'll give one away free with a tankful of petrol
Old 22 December 2003, 06:00 PM
Rich D
Scooby Regular

Don't do it...

I currently have a Clio Cup too, and I have driven both the mk1 & mk2 V6's on a number of occasions and IMO they are not worth the money!

Straightline performance the mk1 V6 aint much quicker, and even the mk2 is not massively quicker. Plus the V6's actually feel slower than a Cup, mainly due to the weight, and the way the power is delivered, and the handling can be "interesting" shall we say!

When Evo tested the mk1 V6 against the Cup around Beford Autodrome, the Cup was a massive 2secs a lap quicker!!!

By all means go drive one for yourself and don't take my word for it, but it's not worth more than twice the price of a Cup!
Old 23 December 2003, 09:26 AM
rickybouy
Scooby Regular

Cheers Guys, think i'll stick with the cup for the time being then maybe look around again this time next year..
Old 23 December 2003, 06:57 PM
S8 WHT
Scooby Newbie

I own a MK1 V6 clio mate.

Its the best car ive ever owned and ive had scoobys and porsches and a skyline.

It is by far the most head turning car you could ever drive,who cares about the performance,every body who speaks to me when im filling up at a petrol station always think it is faster than ferraris etc.

I know you will all slate me for saying this but it is the best fun and best looking car by a long shot.....dont be put off by the fact that it goes to 60 in 5.8 secs(still quick) and the sound of the thing is awesome too.

Sean