Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

VAG Dealer help required

Search this Thread

Old 16 December 2003, 01:12 PM
JR55
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope you guys may be able to help me in a potential discussion/argument with my local dealer. The rear wash wipe on my Golf 1.8T has recently stopped working efficiently (I believe this is a recognised problem after a deep frost). This happened on the weekend and I thought it was a pain but I would look at it over xmas, now the boot has stopped working so I presume the water has some how buggered the mechanism I have an extended warranty that runs until the middle of next year and after the run ins I have had with the local dealer in the past I am sure they will do their best to get out of doing this work under the warranty. Has any one suffered the same problem and had it sorted FOC if so please let me know so that I can go fully kitted up with knowledge to add weight to my argument.

Cheers in Advance
Jon
Old 16 December 2003, 01:30 PM
ADL-ATR
Scooby Regular

If your warrenty is with VAG then just take it to another dealer and try them. Otherwise go back speak to the Service Manager and ask for him to sort it out, if you get no joy then you may need to check the validity of claim against what is covered in there warrenty and contact a soliciter. Did the reservoir have a strong antifreeze mix in it? Otherwise they will say that it is your fault!
Old 16 December 2003, 01:44 PM
JR55
Scooby Regular

I'm taking it in tonight so I will top it up just to make sure thanks for the response.
Old 16 December 2003, 02:11 PM
AudiMan
Scooby Regular

Angry

I had this problem with my Audi A3 (Golf with a different jumper on), the pipe came off 3 time is different places, under the bonnet, inside the rear wing and then in the hatch. My dealer at the time (Whites, Camberley) sorted it every time FOC, the hatch one happened 3 times so on the third I spoke to a guy who new what he was doing, he cable tied all the connections and superglued the pipe. Drastic ! but it never happened again. Just be firm and tell them to fix or you will contact VAG directly to complain about the service you are getting.

Ian..
Old 16 December 2003, 02:11 PM
Gren
Scooby Regular

Might be the same - wife has a Mk IV 2.0.

The alarm kept going off and the fault was traced to a split water pipe possibly caused by frost - water kept leaking onto the contacts as our srive is on a slope. All was repaired under the VAG warranty - no problems. The car was about 1.5 to 2 years old at the time.
Old 17 December 2003, 10:05 AM
apjames
Scooby Regular

My rear wash pipe popped off twice in my boot and did funny things to the boot central locking.

It was cable tied and superglued on in the end by the dealer and I had no further problems with it.

If you activate your rear wash in the cold and no washer fluid comes out within a second or two, dont spray anymore as the pipes are frozen and the pipe will pop off.