Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Talking about RS turbos read this!

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2003, 07:30 PM
mozzaITA
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A couple of years ago when i was at University one of my lecturers/project tutor was helping me with my project which was to do with pistons/rings and engines blar blar blar.....

Anyway years ago my lecturer used to work for Ford and was a production manager. He helped develop what he called was the 'fiesta xr2i turbo' (fiesta RS turbo) anyway to cut a long story short he ****ed up a couple of days production on the engine product line as he was in change of production line.... his error was not using performance camshafts for the rs turbo engine instead using a lesser models fiesta engine components....DID he own up his error to his bosses??? did he ****, he threw away all the performance/uprated camshafts for the rs turbos in the skip and nobody was the wiser...

Engine failure anyone???

mozza

Old 21 November 2003, 07:35 PM
TIFF-C20WTH
Scooby Regular

yer ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 22 November 2003, 03:57 PM
mozzaITA
Scooby Regular

Sorry typo... it was the cranckshafts which were incorrectly used!....

I dont see why he would lie about sumthin like that?
Old 22 November 2003, 04:03 PM
Gez
Scooby Regular

Lol we must have gone to the same Uni! University of Hertfordshire. To anyone who doesnt believe the story, it is true. I also have evidence of this when a freind uprated the turbo etc and not the cams, he was beaten by a mile by another car which had exactly the same mods. All true im afraid.

Gez
Old 22 November 2003, 04:04 PM
Gez
Scooby Regular

Mozza, you were actually right the first time around, it was the cams.
Old 24 November 2003, 09:16 PM
mozzaITA
Scooby Regular

GEZ it was the university of hertfordshire, can we name and shame the teacher.... although he was a good larf maybe we shouldnt really.... i didnt enjoy all those reliabilty graphs he made me do though!!!!!!! LOL

When were u at uni, i graduated in 2000.
Old 24 November 2003, 11:21 PM
Gez
Scooby Regular

Graduated in 2001. Was meant to graduate in 2000 but flunked a couple of modules in the 2nd year. lol I was actually in the Mechanical Engineering not the automotive which was a shame. Tell you the truth i cant remember the teachers name lol. So what you doing with yourself now?? Still in the automotive field??

Gez
Old 25 November 2003, 10:59 PM
mozzaITA
Scooby Regular

Gez, i was in product engineering class, I wish i did go down the automotive route as my best mate did and has one foot in Mclaren F1!! LUCKY him, i was made redundant 10 months ago and still not got a proper job so am just temping and dreaming about expensive cars.

What do u drive, i was just about to buy and Evo before i got made redundant.
Old 25 November 2003, 11:14 PM
Gez
Scooby Regular

Originally i bought an STI 6 Type R V-LTD which was a blinding car. Done a **** load of things done to it, full straight through Fujitsubo exhaust, decat, Apexi FMIC, HKS induction, 550cc injectors, VF22 turbo and a few cosmetic things. Thing use to go like stink but soon got bored. Sold it and got myself in a skyline R33 which was the nuts. Even though it was a tad slower, it was still the king of the road. Again i got a bit bored of it so ive now got an R34 GTR. It is the nuts and not gonna change it for the world.
Unfortunatley i was made redundant last Feb but luckily i got a new job within a month so the 34 didnt go. Few.... Are you looking into going down the engineering route? Have you thought about changing direction at all???

Gerry
Old 26 November 2003, 12:02 AM
mynickers
Scooby Regular

That's disgracefull!

Bet it happens alot though, people more concerned about their jobs than making sure problems get solved by covering up their mistakes. Would of looked bad on him if there was a full scale call back though!
Old 27 November 2003, 07:09 PM
mozzaITA
Scooby Regular

Hi Gerry, yeah im in desperate need of a direction change since im stacking shelves at the moment and just cant get a job in my field, any pointers????

Luv you taste in cars, the R34 is my dream machine, i drive a £400 astra at the moment as i had to sell my supercharged corrado :-(

Do you live in herts now?

email me on G60msport@yahoo.co.uk

Dave
Old 28 November 2003, 01:04 AM
Gez
Scooby Regular

Dave maybe you can make **** loads of money by threatning ford that you will sell your story to the papers lol
Imagine the recall on all the rs turbos! Thinkn about it i dont think there are many left in the world.

Gerry