Interior Colour Schemes??????

Search this Thread

Old 20 October 2003, 11:14 AM
Ted Crilly
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi

I'm thinking of buying a BMW coupe. My colour of preference is black but I'm at a loss as to what colour the interior should be. A black car with a black interior would be a bit over the top. I was wondering of anyone out there had any ideas about interior colour schemes??

Any feedback would be appreciated but please don't start telling me to put Yellow seats in a black car or anything mad like that.

Ted
Old 20 October 2003, 12:40 PM
topboss
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got a Carbon Black M3 Conv' and have the Kiwi leather which I think looks very nice. One of the directors at my local dealer has just specced his own (will double as demo car) in the same colour.

Majority of people would spec it with black or red. Why not have a look at the BMW "individual" programme. You could have a 2 tone interior using black as the main colour and then a light middle panel with matching door cards to lighten things up a little. Black/grey would look nice IMO. You could also ligthen things up by opting for the aluminium trim pack etc.

[Edited by topboss - 10/20/2003 12:42:29 PM]
Old 20 October 2003, 12:53 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I got a silver Jap car (cough RAV4 cough) and cheered the interior up by getting 2-tone seats based on my old Terzo; almost black leather sides, with a light grey alcantara for centre panels, door panels and headrests. Saves you being chilled in the winter and burnt in the summer too. Small downside is that it seems the alcantara doesn't breathe very well, leaving me with a sweaty back during the summer, despite A/C. Sorry no photos, but look at a Terzo interior if you can.