Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Fiat Seicento 'Schumacher' Edition - surely not!

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2003, 08:34 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Schumacer has one as a run about, pretty sure i heard this on the F1 show in itv some time back.

Anyway he is a tart (remember the L'Oreal hair ad?), imagine, a man from Fiat offers him $1M or whatever just to have a badge with his name on a Fiat car. It's not gonna hurt his image and buckets of cash for nothing ain't bad.

I do know what you mean though, it's still a Fiat, not a Ferarri car and whilst they are owned by the same company i know which i would rather drive.

[Edited by Paul Habgood - 8/2/2003 2:22:06 PM]
Old 02 August 2003, 08:22 AM
p1virgin
Scooby Regular

I work in an insurance brokers and someone asked for a quote on one of these last week. Checked it out and it does exist. Sorry - but is someone (at Fiat) having a laugh? Do you think anyone told Michael about it - lol!!

Paul
Old 02 August 2003, 02:18 PM
Big Col
Scooby Regular

Yup, they do exist.

I remember the article in Autocar where MS was at an F1 circuit to promote it's launch.

IIRC Autocar got MS to autograph a few of them across the bonnet with a big black marker.
Old 02 August 2003, 11:46 PM
Marin
Scooby Regular

We have one as a second car(a Seicento Sporting which is the same mechanically as a Schumacher) and it is really good at what it's designed for - e.g shopping,parking in very small spaces and not having a motorised fuel guage like my RB5!

In a car park in Hitchin, there is a tiny space at the end of two rows at 90 degrees which we can fit into. Got there one Saturday and there was a woman parked in front of it, waiting to pick someone up. I stopped and asked her to move and she replied "I don't think that's a proper space" Answer - "It is in this, now move!" Look on her face said it all...

Old 02 August 2003, 11:59 PM
Gompo
Scooby Regular

My Mum also has a Seicento Sporting.. really good cars for carrying 2 people around town, pretty nippy for a 1.1 - good economy - cd player, e/w and sunroof as standard.
Old 03 August 2003, 04:34 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

It might look like a Seicento on the outside, but where the rear seats and boot used to be is a diff. And where the 1. something hairdryer used to be is a Ferrari 360 Engine. Detuned to 300 bhp

Goes like the proverbial off the shovel. "Interesting" handling from such a short wheelbase, but the boys from Marranello have worked a minor miracle to get it "relatively" tractable and useable.

Only 50 in the world. All Ferrari red with the Marlboro shape logo on the bonnet.

People often mistake it for a sticker special, with a few carpet mats and alloys but its one of the finest Q cars ever!
Old 04 August 2003, 11:41 AM
MarkCSC
Scooby Regular

Not sure what car rr_ww is on about but this is take from fiat.co.uk
Seicento Michael Schumacher Limited Edition
The Signature of a True Champion. Intelligence. Strength. Inner calm. They're the attributes of a true champion; the exceptional qualities you need to be the best. Qualities that you'll find reflected in a car that belongs in pole position. Meet the Fiat Seicento Michael Schumacher, a strictly limited edition numbered series, each featuring the Ferrari Formula 1 World Champion's signature. Unique exterior features include side skirts and tailgate with Schumacher's special logo, plus a rear tailgate spoiler and 14" alloy wheels with low profile tyres. Inside you'll find a cockpit designed for the uncompromising. Sill plates also bear Schumacher's logo, while the pedals, gear lever and handbrake grip are all in sporty aluminium. The steering wheel and gear **** are trimmed in soft black leather with red stitching and there's a special numbered plate to remind you which one of the few you own. Safety and handling are paramount - ABS, electronic power steering and driver's airbag are all standard, while the driving experience is further enhanced by the inclusion of a hi-spec Sony single CD player/RDS stereo system. Powering the new champion you'll find the lively, economical and environmentally friendly 1.1 MPI engine, that easily delivers 93mph performance with 43.5mpg combined fuel economy. We think you'll agree, it's a rare, winning combination.
Old 04 August 2003, 08:50 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

Mark

It wasnt serious!
Old 05 August 2003, 10:12 AM
MarkCSC
Scooby Regular

Hey stranger things have happened just look at Renault and their F1 Espace

OK I'm a numptie
Old 05 August 2003, 03:28 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Seen as a Ferrari is a Fiat - it's just clever cross marketing..
Old 05 August 2003, 04:43 PM
fivepint
Scooby Regular

Talking

do you guy not remeber the tv ad, schuey driving thru traffic in his f1 car, gets stuck outside fiat dealer and pops in to have a look at the cinquento...