Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Focus RS.............

Search this Thread

Old 07 April 2003, 04:20 PM
jonmorris
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, I believe there are some FRS's going for around £19k now - so it looks like the price is starting to get a bit more reasonable. While I would love to see the car worth £25k for years and years, I am realistic and never bought the car expecting it to go UP in value.

Considering they've nearly supplied all the cars (people getting 4000+ now), that's around 2000 cars in the UK. Obviously with so many delivered in 7-8 months, there will be some going up for sale.

One car for sale has 10k on the clock, but I don't know how much was being asked for.

[Edited by jonmorris - 7/4/2003 4:21:13 PM]
Old 03 July 2003, 03:55 PM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

Wink

there are 3 for sale in this weeks Autocar??? Why if they are so good???
Old 03 July 2003, 03:57 PM
RB5320
Scooby Regular

presumably because you cant buy them any more and they are being sold at a premium. There is one for sale on here aswell (but I cant be bothered to find the link!)

Steve
Old 03 July 2003, 03:57 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I think people are looking to make a quick buck from these.

Old 03 July 2003, 04:10 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Wink

They will all of been glued back together after torque steering themselves through hedges
Old 03 July 2003, 04:35 PM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my mates got one , i had a look inside and its very, very blue !!
Old 03 July 2003, 04:44 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

I know someone who has one and it is VERY impresive.
A - B as fast if not faster than his old Tek 3 Scoob

Trending Topics

Old 03 July 2003, 11:37 PM
Crush
Scooby Regular

And there are 3 2003 Imprezas in the autotrader too
Old 04 July 2003, 12:09 AM
jonmorris
Scooby Regular

I doubt anyone who has one has really experienced the "Clarksteer" problem that supposedly turns it into a hedge seeking missile, but there have been a few people on the FocusRS.co.uk forum that have sold their cars.

The first one was from someone who had the car for weekends, while the wife drove it in the week. She was so intimidated by guys wanting to race, she couldn't drive it anymore. He chose to sell it.

Some others went on sale due to changes in circumstances (redundancy, new baby and one guy who got a job abroad). Another after the wife was chased around town by an armed gang in a stolen Saab just used for an armed robbery. I believe they have now changed their mind as it is clear they just wanted to change car, not specifically go after a Focus RS!

The thing with all these cars is that the people selling weren't asking for anything over-the-odds. The people selling in the mags are trying to cash in and I doubt very much the cars have much on the clock, or are even delivered.

There's a guy on eBay who is charging £1000 just to take over his order! Worse still, two people have bidded!! Shocking..
Old 04 July 2003, 03:19 PM
Nick_TypeUK
Scooby Regular

Not suprised ppl are paying over the top for them, Z4s have been fetching 5k over book recently.

Theres one parked just down the road from me and it looks jaw droppingly good with out being OTT Lax Power.
Old 04 July 2003, 06:23 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Wink

i have to admit i could never see how ppl could automaticly put a deposit down on one without ever driving one before hand! i know it's an RS, but it is still a focus as well. i just don't think ford went about it in the proper fashion. there's loads of ctr's on the road and they still manage to keep second hand prices fairly high! maybe i'm just jealous...

na. like me scoob-scoob too much!
Old 04 July 2003, 11:08 PM
jonmorris
Scooby Regular

Everyone who put down a deposit was invited to the Ford test track day at Gaydon - held over 2 or 3 weeks. In fact, those who placed a pre-order early enough also got an invite ahead of the Motor Show to see the almost-final spec car.

It's only people who ordered after a certain time who had to wait until their dealer got one in (IF they got one in) to test drive. Large dealerships weren't silly - they got a demo car. Smaller dealerships didn't bother but still seemed to sell some.

I wonder if VW had many demo R32's - that's even more limited than the RS?
Old 05 July 2003, 10:20 AM
Mega
Scooby Regular

The way i hear it from my source at Jag (Halewood) Ford are still crapping themselves in case its involed in a high profile RTA. Very, Very please that they are not producing any more!

Have spoken to few who have driven it and Clarkson/EVO are dead Right! I can't say much because i have never driven one, but if its so bloody good how come Ford have dropped it so quickly?

Mega
Old 05 July 2003, 10:28 AM
scoobydo6969
Scooby Regular

why is there so many gobby ****** on here speaking about a car that they have never even driven?
are they all a waste of space or what?
Old 05 July 2003, 12:50 PM
akshay67
Scooby Regular

Wink

At the end of the day it will not touch a scoob on a wet, twisty b-road - which is what most of the UK is about...

Fair enough, they go like stink in a straigh line...but how often do you keep on driving in a straight line?
Old 05 July 2003, 02:33 PM
scoobydo6969
Scooby Regular

in the dry i would say it is more than a match for a standard scooby or even a lightly modded 1, in the wet i think 4 wheel drive will or should be better, im only speaking from personel experience ( 4 scoobs in various states of tune my98-00) and now the focus
Old 05 July 2003, 02:37 PM
jonmorris
Scooby Regular

Mega, please reveal your source or say nothing. I know people too within Ford (not Jaguar) and they have never mentioned anything about Ford being s**t scared. Actually, come to think of it, I do know someone at Jaguar so maybe I should do some digging...

Anyway, why would they be so scared? ANY car can have an accident but the people driving these cars aren't so likely to drive so badly to crash them. I know a couple of people under 20 have bought the Focus RS but if they total one, I doubt it will be down to the car itself.

For the record, Jeremy Clarkson didn't hate the car and even invited a load of Ford guys up to the show a few shows later to explain his views. Perry McCarthy certainly doesn't hate the car (in fact, The Stig even met up with 12 FRS owners in Le Mans a couple of weeks ago).

The car handles better than people expect (or admit to) and I wonder how you've spoken to people who have "driven one" who think it's crap.

Also, if you know all these "inside contacts" then how come you are talking about Ford scrapping it! They were always making 4500 cars (announced nearly a YEAR before release) and are currently issuign cars numbered from 4100-4200. In August, they will all have been built and on the road shortly after.

It was always a limited car. Everyone knows that, so maybe you should tell your insider at Jaguar (why he should know so much just because it's part of FMC beats me) so he knows too.

I have no problem with people saying 1) They don't like the exterior or interior 2) Don't want a Ford 3) Didn't enjoy the ride etc. However, you're just saying things that are totally untrue (and saying it over and over again in the vain belief that if you say something often enough it becomes fact).

(Phew! Now I feel better)

PS. To be honest, in the wet I wouldn't even consider pushing ANY car to the limits. Save that for a track day IMHO. The winner would always be the one taking the risks, not the one driving the best car.

[Edited by jonmorris - 7/5/2003 2:47:06 PM]
Old 05 July 2003, 05:52 PM
WISHING
Scooby Regular

That was me that sold the FRS cos of the people tailgating the missis.
If it wasnt for the ***** on the road trying to race it and cut it up. I would have still had it.
And i didnt make a penny profit from the sale !!

Old 05 July 2003, 06:32 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Wink

i appologise if i have offended anyone who own's or would like an rs. i HAVEN'T driven one, although have driven the more "standard" focus here and ther and yes i can admit that even they shine in the suspension and handling department. sorry all! by the way is it true that ford are going to be building a cosworth version as this has caught my ear and i'm very much interested! that is just what i like(what ford can pull off in spectacular fashion) fast brutish, move over all i'll eat ya, right in yer face,etc, etc. anyway, if my instincts are right and ford do bring out a cossie version, it should be awsome!
Old 05 July 2003, 08:20 PM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WISHING
I didnt make a penny profit from the sale!!
Bet you didnt lose anything on it either!!

Cheers,
Grant
Old 05 July 2003, 10:43 PM
WISHING
Scooby Regular

well yes i did, i brought a intermitted wiper stalk but never fitted it. I gave it to the bloke FOC
so i was about £22 out of pocket ;-)
Old 05 July 2003, 10:44 PM
WISHING
Scooby Regular

Donations would be greatly received