Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

fiat coupe

Search this Thread

Old 14 June 2003, 06:39 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how quick are these? just had a little spirited run with one, i got stuck in the wrong lane to start with, he pulled away a little but coming closer to top end i was catching him quite quickly.

im in a uk turbo - un modded (apart from exhaust)

he was up my *** before we hit the open stretch, had a noisy dv.

Old 14 June 2003, 06:52 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Lightbulb

Depends if he had a 16V,20V turbo or N/A. THe 20V Turbo's are rapid when moving so I doubt you would gain much on one of them although from what I've experienced the Impreza is about as quick 0-100.
Old 14 June 2003, 06:52 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

If you were doing damage to him at the top end its likely to have been the 16v Turbo as opposed to the 20vt. The 20vt should give you a fair old humping once it gets its power down, especially at the higher speeds.
Old 14 June 2003, 07:13 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice rapid motors.

would consider one myself but reliability issues and cam belt change being very problamtic put me off.
Old 14 June 2003, 10:17 PM
dave20vt
Scooby Regular

must have been a 16vt, or a sick 20vt, no way would you caught a 20vt, above 60mph, 60 - 100, same as a p1.

dave
Old 14 June 2003, 10:47 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

Dave, post count 1, 20VT in the name, suits you sir.
Vested interest have you lol.
I can see the force is strong with this one (shame his running gear aint)
Old 14 June 2003, 10:51 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

my most recent encounter with a FIAT (fix it again tony?) was hilarious as Jamie McD will verify.
Speaking about spirited driving as we do, I eat Scoobs says our chap, taste nice do they? says me. lol>both
No I done a blue one in <nearby town>. excellent says I.
Yeah says our chap, but (and heres the corker) Ill beat you off the line cos youll be wheel spinning trying to get a better start.
I wheel spin in third says our chap, nod knowingly>me and Jamie.

clever bunch aint they.
Old 14 June 2003, 11:02 PM
scoobypreza
Scooby Regular

Had a 20V turbo before my scooby, very rapid but trouble getting the power down, 250 bhp through the front wheels is fun. Have to say the scooby feels quicker off the mark and smoother. The fiat gave you more of a kick in the back mid range and the 20v just kept going, 155mph in fifth and still going! But it handled like a large boat compared to the scooby and it was awful in the wet. Had a good run against a twin turbo supra in the scooby the other week, stayed side by side up to 140mph, great fun and when i looked at the driver of the supra he looked a little nervous, probably cos we where going round a bend on the dual carriageway side by side, just a shame i had to pull off.
Anyway scooby v coupe... scooby all the way!!!

Dave
Old 15 June 2003, 09:19 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Wink

Interestingly I had a little sprint with one a 20VT from a peage booth in France- I waited till he'd paid then we both nailed it from a standing start. I gained about 5-6 car lengths on him from launch and he started to gain rapidly once we'd hit 60-70mph. I let off at 120 and so did he once he'd drawn level. Pretty even i would say but the usual caveats apply regarding wet weather, bendy bits etc etc.
Fast cars, I like the way they look but very fragile. After all it's a FIAT!
Old 15 June 2003, 07:34 PM
dave20vt
Scooby Regular

i think the last relpy has given us clue to how quick they are, if i moving 30+, a scooby will be left behind, on a straight road.

also the car was built at the Pininfarina factory, dont quote me on this one, just heard something like that.

so blame them, not fiat!

ive had no trouble with my one so far.

dave
Old 16 June 2003, 12:27 AM
julesm
Scooby Regular

Yeah,

Never had trouble with mine.

There's been enough Scooby v 20VT threads on here by now for all of you guys to know what the crack is with these cars. So just do a search and have a laugh at all the comments.

Cambelt job can be done for 300 pounds!

Horses for courses, both good cars in different respects. I quite like Scoobys, quick of the mark, great handling and very tunable, but prefer the Coupe...and like the looks, the 20V engine and mid range grunt (do a lot of M1 driving), stick in a chip, upgrade the turbo, chuck in a PRV, mod the box, add a S/S exhaust, lower the suspension and you've got a well sorted motor that flys.
Old 16 June 2003, 09:53 AM
smellyvag
Scooby Regular

Must say, i was surprised at these Fiats too. Had a blast with one in my PPP'd Sti 7 and the bugger seemed to keep up with me on the dual carraigeway. Was a completely different story when we came to the roundabouts tho, he really struggled to get the power down.
Nice enough guy tho, even stuck his thumb up when i eventually let him past.
Old 16 June 2003, 08:45 PM
mozzaITA
Scooby Regular

HEY fitzscooby, i live in hoddesdon TOOO... how strange!!!.... Was it a blue/black one?.. my mate has one and he comes to see me sumtimes from surrey, he let me have a go of his and i thought it was slow, loads of lag but handled well!, no experiance with scooby's though!

i bet we live really close mate since hoddesdon aint that big!! LOL
Old 17 June 2003, 11:24 AM
julesm
Scooby Regular

Mozza,

Your mate had his Coupe checked out yet?, seems to be the slowest Coupe in the UK, either that or the Turbo is missing! The Coupe doesn't suffer from massive turbo lag, so it sounds like there is something restricing his airflow, also he may be suffering from a split hose causing him to loose initial boost? Get him to check it out, then you can post something positive on here about them, either that or try another Coupe.
Old 17 June 2003, 01:50 PM
juan
Scooby Regular

Got mine chipped lowered and strutted. It actually ain't bad at all on the handling front now.
Still not found a scoob wanting to play yet though. So far they all seem to take it real easy on the nice roads .
Old 17 June 2003, 01:58 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

The 20VT is a beast once it's rolling. My brother had one knocking out about 250bhp and up to a ton my 280bhp MR2 T was only 3-4 car lengths ahead. After that I pulled further.

Not too hot on the handling front I seem to remember and a bit of a struggle getting traction from a standing start.

Nice cars.

Old 17 June 2003, 02:07 PM
julesm
Scooby Regular

Juan,

Do you post on the Coupe-Sport Website (FCCUK Forum)?

Not seen you on there yet, unless you have a different nickname, you should have a look, it's a top site, very informative and some knowledgeable people there too.

What chip have you got and are you running with an EBV, PRV or boost controller?
Old 17 June 2003, 02:12 PM
juan
Scooby Regular

Yes its a nice friendly place over there. Running a plus - unichip with EBV
Old 17 June 2003, 07:47 PM
mozzaITA
Scooby Regular

actually i do like fiat coupes and as you have pointed out that sumthing is sumthin a miss on my friends one and he will sort it but hes been busy in la mans 24hr he's a race engineer, i think he thought that the exhuast manifold might need changin or sumthin?

He still drove 5/6 of them and his was the best......
Old 18 June 2003, 09:43 PM
julesm
Scooby Regular

Comedic genius you are Mozza .........