Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Ford Customer Service - NOT!

Search this Thread

Old 16 May 2003, 08:45 PM
Trumble
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Right then before I start I suggest the squeemish look away now as I'm seriously p1$$ed.

Heres the tail; the missus's 2.0 focus W reg went in for 3 year service today + mot at local dealer (first mistake).

Grand total 220 quid - its a 'major' service - right not like the scoob !

So they ring me up at 1030 and say - service is done sir but your failed the mot as the power steering pump is leaking - oh yes thats an extra 370 quid fitted to sir.

So i say check this out against the warranty it should cover it - guy say OK and tell me I'll ring you back.

He rings me back 10 mins latter and says - sorry sir no can do as the last stmp you have in the book it 19 months ago - when did you last have it serviced ? I replies last august'ish - can you prove it he says - err... well no I says - no receipts (I'm getting a bit up tight now and am feeling the urge to shout at some one).

Now its worth pointing out that the car is under 3 years old and one 21K on the clock - yes thats 16.5K less than the ford expected mileage!

I rings the warranty company - have it out with them and they say no.

So I decided to ring Ford customer 'no service' in glasgow; they are really helpful - lots more certainly sir etc.. they take lots of notes and say - we'll get right on it and call the dealer - this is at 1100 - and ring you straight back. So come 1150 (pub beckoning) I decided to ring them, err sorry sir we havent managed to pursue that yet but we will right now - good says I and put the phone down.

So there I am 1415 no fecking call from either garage or ford 'no customer service'. I ring them - a nice girl takes up my case listens to the situation and when I say ' dont you think that this part failed a bit prematurely ?' she replies yes I agree - I point out that I dont expect ford to pay for it all - only the part I'll cover fitting - she rings the garage - I'm on hold for 5 mins.

Eventually comes back to me and decide - no even though they agree with me they wont authroise a contribution to the repair due to me being unable to prove servicing.

Now this car has had additional services every 6 months - I do it when I do the scoob - with FS oil !!!

I am outraged that they can agree the part failed and then refuse to contribute to the repair.

So I'm left an extra 370 quid out of pocket - all dealers charge the same - and if I go to a dealer to have it dont it wont be that one.

OR

I have to do it myself and get the unit reconditioned for 150 quid and do it myself.

Arghhh...

In all my 8 years owning japanese cars I have had zip problems with warranty claims even when on my mx-6 I was out on servicing!

Is it only ford dealers and customer 'no service' that behave like this - its just I want to get a list of manufacturers I wont be touching with a barge pole.

rant off

T.

PS. Not really feeling that much better.

Old 16 May 2003, 08:53 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Are you not on their database as having had your car serviced in August?
Old 16 May 2003, 08:55 PM
m5
Scooby Regular

Question

Who serviced the car in August?
Old 16 May 2003, 09:22 PM
TIFF-C20WTH
Scooby Regular

It will be on computer if it was done by fords
Old 16 May 2003, 09:31 PM
styut
Scooby Newbie

Unhappy

Could be worse - the gearbox went on my Focus.
£650 worse off.
Old 16 May 2003, 11:23 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Trumble,

Running low on power steering fluid can cause this problem, thats why they will not pay up due to the alleged non-service.

If you had it serviced at a dealer it will be on their data-base. If you used an independant garage they should have a copy of your incvoice on file.

If you or a mate did it then surely you must have realised that your warranty would be stuffed?

Lee
Old 17 May 2003, 08:22 AM
Trumble
Scooby Regular

I suppose only good thing is I made them throw in the warranty - so I could see it as only paying for the 2 years now.

ho Hum!

T.

Off to get a quote for someone else to do it.
Old 17 May 2003, 03:03 PM
GTI
Scooby Regular

Rings a bell with what was said in the: FORD - VICTIM OF THEIR OWN SUCESS? post.
In other words - never buy a Ford
I personally hate them
Old 17 May 2003, 08:23 PM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

I had a MY00 Mondeo 2.0 Zetec that I bought from the Local Ford Dealer in January then in the March (3000miles later, the total on the car was 9000) whilst out driving on the Dual Carriageway I pulled away from a roundabout, the went to grab a gear but there was nothing there, now I thought that this would be a snapped cable or something so I rolled to a stop on the verge.

The 3 days after the car had been towed to the Ford Dealer they phoned me up and said that they had just looked over my car and that it needed a new clutch, I made the point that I only bought it at the start of the year and that it shold be replaced under good-will but was told that it wasnt covered by the warranty cause it was "wear and tear" and that they wouldnt contribute to my costs because I might have been driving like a lunatic and that if I had been then the clutch would have burned out after 9000 miles.

I called the Ford Customer Services and was put through to about 3 different people, and had to explain the whole situation to them all individually!!!

They eventually came back to me and said that they wouldnt contribute to my costs, and after that they got a HUGE amount of abuse and rage down the phone, as did my Dealer when I picked my car up!! I would never go back to this place and have warned everybody I know who is looking @ Fords to go to the other dealer nearby.

The place not to go is:

Bra*mall Laidl*w,
Balfie*d R*ad,
D*ndee,
Sc*tland (*'s are to protect their identity so that I dont get done for slating them!! )

Cheers,
Grant

P.S - Fords arent crap, its the aftercare that is appalling!
Old 18 May 2003, 10:54 AM
Trumble
Scooby Regular

The wifes focus is a great drive in a 130 BHP kind of way - but their after sales service really sucks.

T.