Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

MG TF test drive

Search this Thread

Old 19 March 2003, 02:26 PM
dnb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone got one? What are they like? Much better than the MGF I hope!

Our local dealer is letting me have a test drive on Saturday, and I was wondering what to expect...

The competition is from the MX5 (Not sure I fit in it right) and the Lotus Elise (pour yourself in and enjoy...) the price of the MG is quite favourable...
Old 19 March 2003, 07:53 PM
MGJohn
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

If you're a member of an MG enthusiasts club, don't forget to ask about the good discounts if you go for the TF. Depending on which car you go for, discounts up to around 20%+ IIRC. Don't know how these discounts work if you've a part exchange to get rid of.... maybe the free fuel for a year or whatever has more appeal. I got 20% plus a few little extras thrown in on a new ZS recently. Great saving with no p/x.

TF noticeably different car to drive than the F it replaced ..... some prefer it (me) others stick to the F which I also like but not as much. Don't just go for a quick once round the block, tell the dealer you're serious and want a serious drive - 20 miles minimum - this will allow sufficient time for the car to warm up an allow you time to get the feel of it over various road conditions.

Whatever you go for, let us know how you get on..... Good Luck.