Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

XJ220

Search this Thread

Old 14 March 2003, 12:27 PM
gareth
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Was pretty gob-smacked to be passed by one of these the other day. Unfortunately I was in a taxi at the time so no chance to compare the performance of my scoob . Nevertheless, he/she certainly passed us at a fair old lick...

Can't be many of these about so I reckon it counts as a collectable sighting... by the way, it was red.

[Edited by gareth - 3/14/2003 12:27:48 PM]
Old 14 March 2003, 12:30 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I remember on top gear when Clarkson drove one and as he floored it the stereo came out

Dribble
Old 14 March 2003, 01:07 PM
Merc_Cosworth
Scooby Regular

Was heading home from Goodwood festival some years back - hacking along minding my own business, overtaking light traffic on Stane Street (Billingshurst - Five Oaks for the locals) in my not so incredibly quick Manta GTE when.....

BLAM! XJ220 thunders past doing about 140 - **** me an XJ220 I thought
then 2 secs later
BLAM! McLaren F1 does the same only about 10mph quicker - well bugger me sideways an F1 as well I was thinking to myself when...
Double spunk monkeys! An F40 as well - the look made me cry, and when it wailed past I nearly crashed....

Just awesome!
Old 14 March 2003, 02:13 PM
Bobby Peru
Scooby Regular

Which one sounded best, I would have thought the Mclaren?
Old 14 March 2003, 02:40 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Wink

Ah the XJ220.

LMAO when Jezza drove it. Camera pointing at the speedo reading 60. He says right now I'm putting my foot to the floor and reads out as you watch......

61.......62.........63........64........65.....70. .80..90..100

PMSL Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggyyyyyyyy y
Old 14 March 2003, 05:14 PM
Merc_Cosworth
Scooby Regular

Cool

The Jag sounded the worst - relatively speaking.
The McLaren was nice, but pretty sanitised compared to....

The Ferrari - it was awesome - just a beautiful cacophony of wailing flat plane V8, two turbos, and all the mechanical clatter, plus he changed gear just past my open window and it went......

Waaaaaaaaaaa-clack-chhhiiiissshh-clack-waaaaaaaaailllll, with the waaaa bits overlaid with smegging great turbo whine - simply incredible sound. Made my ears bleed!
Old 15 March 2003, 12:00 AM
DuggE4
Scooby Regular

and Don't Tell me.......just at that moment a supermodel appeared out of nowhere like the shopkeeper in Mr Benn and sat on your Johnson!!!! Muhahahahahaha

Trending Topics

Old 15 March 2003, 11:46 AM
Scooby-Monster
Scooby Regular

One summer's day I was ordering a nice pint in a central London pub when I heard a car outside that sounded special. I nipped out the pub and there was a spanking new F50 waiting at the lights. Green they went and so did he. F**k me what a sound!
Old 15 March 2003, 01:05 PM
Little Miss WRX

Thumbs up

<sits at PC drooling over keyboard>

Luuuuuurvvveeelllllly.

I have been a big fan of this car since it first came out. I even had the XJ220 game on the Amiga....the game was crap, but I loved the cars so much.
My silver XJ220 model is now left back in the UK in the hands of the little cheeky daughter of my old landlord as she loves the car too. It was my leaving present to her! I must have had that model for YEARS and years.

I would love to have one of these big and brash beasties.........I can dream can't I?
Old 15 March 2003, 05:49 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

How much money for one of those and the wheels look absolute tosh?
Old 15 March 2003, 06:17 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Diablos sounds best, I had one messing about with me down the A34 bypass, just a bit of fun but the sound was awesome.
Old 15 March 2003, 06:56 PM
gareth
Scooby Regular

Jacko - the A34 between Alderley and Wilmslow was where I saw the XJ220

G
Old 15 March 2003, 08:17 PM
Luke
BANNED

There is a Green one near me that has had the lag and the brakes sorted out. It has been on television. Work carried out by some famous jag tuner.. It now stops and goes as it should. And the whole thing cost the guy 105k.... The driver on TV said it was fantastic....now that it could stop!!
Old 16 March 2003, 08:22 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

they are ok until you get a puncture one of our customers has got one and phoned us up and asked to borrow the thinnest jack we had. took it round and tried to put it under the car but no good the car was to low. phoned jaguar up and they said it needs a special jack which only they have so the owner had to get them to fetch it and change the tyre.
Old 17 March 2003, 08:58 AM
dogmaul
Scooby Regular

got to see my first dodge viper on the road yesterday seemed very nice as it was crawling out harrogate following a 911
Old 17 March 2003, 10:48 AM
Merc_Cosworth
Scooby Regular

Doug - don't be a plum all your life.... read my original post - I was on my way back from Goodwood Festival of Speed, and so were they... Its the one and only time I've ever seen either of those three cars on public roads
Old 17 March 2003, 07:24 PM
thecirsch
Scooby Regular

Cool

I'm NOT name dropping believe me,

However, Rod Stewert used to live near to where I am. One afternoon me and the then girlfriend went of a drink at a local. As we drove into the car park, parked blocking everyone in was a XJ220 in silver. She says "What the bloody hell is that" I put her right, she then says "Who do you think owns it" I said "Either Rod Stewert or David Sullivan" (Sunday Sport, etc, who also lives nearby). Anyway we go into the pub, low and behold Rod is standing there with Rachael Hunter (babe or what??). He gives me a nod, I nod back, no probs. Me and the girly go outside for a drink, Stewert and Hunter then leave and head towards the car, where upon 4 of his fawning fans come across, get autographs, photographs and give him some pressies (Hunter was pregnant at the time). Fair play to him, he gave the fans what they wanted, he gets into the car, starts it, puts it into reverse and then STALLS it . I have a little titter, he starts it up again, gives a shrug and then on his way. Lovely looking car, but not as nice as the F50 I saw him driving a couple of years later!!

According to my source, he had a stable full of exotica, original Cobra, Bentleys and Mercs. Tough job, but someones got to do it!! His moved since, so I'm not giving away any secrets.

Just my little story,

Ed