Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Thinking of buying a scooby......

Search this Thread

Old 23 November 2002, 05:25 PM
AndyTurbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there,

I went to look at a green impreza turbo today. It was very nice, had full STI kit on it, history, the lot. It was up for £9495 though which i think is a LOT of money. I currently drive a Cavturbo, and was wondering if there are any other ex cavturbo owners out there? How does the Turbo 2000 compare to the cav? Its really the reliabilty im feed up with.

Cheers

Andy
Old 23 November 2002, 05:42 PM
IanW
Scooby Regular

Before my Scooby I had a Calibra Turbo.

Reliability I cant fault my Scooby, I have never been let down bu it, I just keep it serviced to the schedule, and I get the oil changed every 3 months.

It is a totally different car to the C20LET based vauxhalls to drive, plus you only have 5 gears again, that took me a while to get used to again!

Have you got any more details on the car that you whent to look at what MY was it?

Ian
Old 23 November 2002, 06:18 PM
AndyTurbo
Scooby Regular

Thanks ian, it was the firewall.

Well i will keep an eye out for something newer. It was a main dealer as well. I noticed in march last year they had a standard red turbo 2000 for 8k, which i thought was a lot then. Nedless to say it is still there now!

Cheers again

Andy
Old 23 November 2002, 06:55 PM
dnb
Scooby Regular

I haven't owned a Cav turbo, but a good friend has a Calibra 4x4. His car has had a few more servicing / part replacement problems than mine (But not that many more really - his Calibra is a very good example)

The difference is that my Scoob has done at least 5 times the miles in the last year...

Performance wise, the Scoob I think is superior. In standard UK form, the difference is not huge, but it is certainly there.
Old 23 November 2002, 07:01 PM
AndyTurbo
Scooby Regular

Hummm, everything seems to have gone wrong on my cav and now i have just had enough! Im looking towards scoobies, as from what i have been told and have seen, they very rarely seem to go wrong. As long as they are serviced properly of course. i'll have to go have a go in one i think!
Old 24 November 2002, 04:02 AM
Silver-Bullet
Scooby Regular

Spend a bit more time on this BBS and you will realise the 'Quality' engineering behind Subaru's Flat 4. Theyrrrrr great.

[Edited by Silver-Bullet - 11/24/2002 4:03:37 AM]
Old 25 November 2002, 09:57 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Only real problems with scoobs are a) certain engines blow up if pushed too hard (don't over-tune them and don't try to do top speeds too often), and b) paint chips like you'd never believe. Oh, and c) cold clutch judder (they all do that sir )

The market for them is fickle - saying you saw one and it seemed pricey tells us nothing. Give us model year (MY95, 98, 00 etc), UK or Jap import, and mileage. Then you'll get some good feedback.

Good luck

Brendan
Old 25 November 2002, 05:23 PM
AndyTurbo
Scooby Regular

Hi Brenden,

It was a 96 imprezza Turbo 2000. It had a full STI kit on it, includin wheels, and was green. Was very smart, full subaru history. Engine was standard. It was up for £9495, but i have since decided that is far too much money for that age car, no matter how smart it looks! I really want the Turbo 200 not the WRX as the insurance is a lot cheaper