Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Clio Cup arrived at last

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2002, 02:48 PM
wilf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Picked it up Saturday and I must say it has so far exceeded all my expectations.

It really is zippy and pulls well at all engine speeds. Interior is nice and if anything feels more luxurious than the P1. CD player quality is most impressive for a standard fit item.

Steering feels better than test 172s as well much more direct. 172 felt a little dead around the straight ahead and then loaded up too quickly.

Took the P1 out after to stop the battery going flat and (its not been driven for weeks) and for a comparison. Although not as quick on "maximum attack" the Renault did most things just as well its also got the hot hatch chuckability which is the only thing I miss in the Scoob.

All in all well chuffed. It even came with neat "172 Cup" Graphics on the doors that I havent seen on the press cars.

Just need some nice 172 mats to go with it now.
Old 28 October 2002, 05:28 PM
Kussimurran
Scooby Regular

Talking

"Interior is nice and if anything feels more luxurious than the P1. CD player quality is most impressive for a standard fit item."

Hmmmm... I am changing the seats in mine to something with more support. But I do agree otherwise, it is one fast and furious little thing. Just clocked 6.6 seconds to 60 on my AP22, and I was quite plesed with that. Same 30-70 time I got with the Integra.

Just watch those brakes! I had a close call locking them up recently, although that just represented my bad driving skills.

Have fun!
Old 28 October 2002, 05:38 PM
wilf
Scooby Regular

Note what you say about the seats. Havent found them a problem yet but it may be because I am too big and heavy that I have to wedge myself in them for starters. I also used to own an r5 so am used to Renault seats!

Brakes seem decent so far - not locked them up yet. I know that some people have been put off the Cup by the omission of ABS but it doesnt bother me. It may be early days but the brakes seem up to the job. I'm used to coping without ABS from my old modified 2.8 Capri - hmmm interesting moments.

Sounds silly but the thing I like most on the interior are the moulded plastic insert thingies on the steering wheel. They somehow have a really nice textural feel to them - think I'm developing a fetish. Have any other 172 owners noticed this?
Old 28 October 2002, 06:08 PM
Kussimurran
Scooby Regular

Talking

I know what you mean! Simple little things but perfect for hangin' on to on corners!

I thinks it's an awesome little car!