Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Integrale - Paul Palmer

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2002, 09:50 AM
zilch
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paul, how is the integrale coming along, the digital camera is primed and ready to go.

Cheers

Jim
p.s. Could meet up Wednesday for a beer, in SLUFFFFFF
Old 15 July 2002, 08:51 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Jim

The engine was being put back together on friday but the guy found that the bigend shells I got were the wrong ones I have to wait until tomorrow (fingers crossed) to get the new ones and then it should be rebuilt then straight in for an MOT I can make wednesday too. Have you spoken to Chris about meeting? My capri is in bits at the moment because my brother is tidying the body up so I will be in the puma (Yipee ) How is your car at the moment?
Old 15 July 2002, 05:21 PM
zilch
Scooby Regular

Paul, car is going fine and just had its aniversary and first service . Assuming colleagues of Chris's confirms wednesday meet, I should be in slough, I will give you a buzz via email channels to confirm hopefully tomorrow

Cheers Jim
Old 15 July 2002, 05:54 PM
LeeMac
Scooby Regular

Take it its the Lancia Evo, I was thinking about getting one of these, what year, model (Ltd edition), spec and what have you had go wrong.
I was thinking of the Giallo or the Dealers Collection model.

Cheers

[Edited by LeeMac - 7/15/2002 7:03:30 PM]
Old 15 July 2002, 07:56 PM
sebastian
Scooby Regular

I ve had 2 evos - the 1 and the 2. evo 1 s are quicker standard than 2's. The 2 s die at high revs, smaller turbo, but the interior is so much better.

They are great and look so evil. They do cost loads to run and maintain though.
LHD is not a probblem except stuck behind lorries on A roads when you cant see "through" it.

The real thing to watch for is stress cracks in the shell at the angles of the running board with the front door anterior upright and also where it meets the roofline. Also the rear suspension turrets may show signs of cracking too. This seems to be a major problem now as they age and accumulate fatiguing stresses over the years. They are very un-stiff cars, being based on a 70's shopping hathc design.
Old 16 July 2002, 09:06 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Smile

Jim

Ok wait to hear from you.

LeeMac

its a 16valve integrale so its the narrower lighter one I had the cam belt jump on the A3 last summer and that destroyed alot of the engine It's currently undergoing a major re-build including oversize pistons, group A head gasket, rings (obviously) & shells etc It was chipped to run 1.5 bar of boost and I was on way home from getting it chipped when it blew up [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] so I have no idea how powerful it was the car also has a paddle clutch that is easy to use and a full omp group A exhaust system that has no silencers at all Makes loud scoobies seem quiet LOL Apart from that I haven't had too much go wrong with it apart from blowing the transfer box up I also run EBC redstuff pads. The car only has 36,000 miles on it from new LHD is not a problem because you need to be on the wrong side of the road for such a short amount of time my insurance is also cheap and last year was £330 fully comp when I was 26 Very cool & very aggressive looking cars that no-one really have an idea what they are I would recommend one to anybody

[Edited by paulpalmer - 7/16/2002 9:08:31 AM]
Old 16 July 2002, 11:35 PM
LeeMac
Scooby Regular

Cheap insurance, whos it with, do you know if the Evo I and IIs would be same insurance wise, are they classed as classics as dont seem old enough.
Cheers for the info
Old 17 July 2002, 09:07 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Smile

LeeMac

I insure my cars with Lancaster on 01480 484848. They class the car as a collecters car because they are getting collectable. Seems bargain to me my 2.8i capri is only £200 with them too I would guess its the same for the evos but don't really know.

Paul