Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Which mid-size MPV?

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2002, 09:42 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Wife wants a spacious but easy to park in the city car. I want a car that I can get loads of stuff into and drive a thousand miles on holiday, if necessary. We have one tall teenage son, might get a baby and a big dog in the next year or two.

I was originally pushing for a 330D touring, but that wouldn't leave me enough money to buy a real fun car, so looked at a Zafira and Merc Vaneo last night (didn't drive them). Vaneo rear windows don't really open, so that's out. Zafira very clever, but it's a Vauxhaull, what will the interior look like after 4 yrs?! Reputed to be utterly boring to drive (one comment in Car mag). And I don't want a Daddy Cool one, I'll stick with the diesel. (Don't think I can get the GSi here anyway)

Might look at a Scenic, but I thought the boot looked a bit small to put a biggish dog in. She thinks a Multipla is so ugly she won't contemplate it.

Anyone got any experiences?

Brendan
Old 08 July 2002, 10:41 AM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Citroen Picasso is the best seller in this class and it has good discounts and finance offers running virtually all the time. The Multipla is probably the best car for what you describe, shame you can't get on with the looks, because it has all the room you'll need. If you find the usual suspects too restrictive, have a look at the Renault Kangoo, Citroen Berlingo and Peugeot Partner, they are all vans in disguise I'll admit, but they have huge load areas. Otherwise look at something larger say a Galaxy from Trade Sales or Motorpoint, you can get them with the Volkswagen PD engine from around £17-18k new. Take out the back seats and your left with lots of room for Fido and the luggage.
Old 08 July 2002, 05:17 PM
Tim-Grove
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

CTR
Old 09 July 2002, 04:57 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Reffro. Galaxy too big, Picasso we should have a look at.

CTR? Why? I was originally going for a MY02+PPP and A-class. The reason I'm getting a crappy people-carrier is so I can get a Caterham

Anyone else got experience pleeeeaze? Test-driving in Lisbon is crap!

BJH