Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Teg Type R

Search this Thread

Old 17 June 2002, 01:02 PM
bing-bonger
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey folks after months of pissing about and wondering which car to get (RX7, Evo3, Scooby) I have decided to go for the Integra Type R......(due to my 60 mile commute!!!!)and the fact that I have only a budget of about 8-9k

Are there any points that I should be looking out for when buying one of these...I'm looking for a UK car 97(S)...usualy...

Are there any Teg owners here that could let me know what they are like to live with......

thanks

Old 17 June 2002, 01:39 PM
Pie_n_Chips
Scooby Regular

Location: up a bit, left a bit, down a bit, to the right no left ahhh just there
You'd probably get more of an answer from the Honda R owners board, a frendly bunch who don't bite, much!!

www.honda-r.org.uk
Old 17 June 2002, 02:22 PM
jamesa
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Had one for a year - 13k - superb; room for four but only on `occasion`. Was not a `daily driver` as such but as long as you don`t expect `torque` it easily copes with whatever you want it to be. Long journeys were fine even without soundproofing - 500miles at a time OK with 25 to 35mpg.

Revs, glorious revs - a fantastic sound and excellent handling but you need good nerves to explore that LSD - it does work !!

Tyres - should be `W` rated - a lot of people fit `V` as they are easier to obtain - I would not. Original front Bridgestone RE 010`s replaced at 13k - good grip.

Would definitely have another.

Do it !!!!

[Edited by jamesa - 6/17/2002 2:30:49 PM]
Old 17 June 2002, 04:42 PM
matt555teg-r
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hi bing-bonger,

I've been driving my TEG for nearly two years now matey, great car and HUGE fun , you'll be a master of lift-off oversteer before you know it!!!

Things to check?

Well most important is the seats! I've got a new drivers seat as my fat *** had split the foam of the bass, this was done under warranty but if you had to pay it was cost you £800-£1300 depending how much of the seat you needed!!!!!!!
Check for the correct tyres, I've heard of people putting the wrong size or speed rating on as it saves them money! They should be 195/55 15" on a 'W' speed rating, standard fit is RE010 Bridgestones.
When you get to test the TEG check the levels first (very impotant) then makesure the V-Tec kicks you in the nads, should change cam on or around 6000rpm and should rev very freely upto the limiter at around 8700rpm and makesure you thrash it!! There shouldn't be any problems with the motor, if it doesn't like it or doesn't feel like a nutters machine then there's something wrong

Hopefully this will help, above all enjoy matey

matt
UK ITR BLK
Old 18 June 2002, 12:09 PM
IntegraR
Scooby Regular

Well, just so happens I have a UK Teg for sale, for 9k. It has fHSH, good Potenza S02's all round, 37k miles, Im second owner, its a 98R reg, stock, and in good all round condition.
1 years MOT, white, and the seats are fine, thou there are some marks on the top left where the seatbelts sit, cause Im a short ***, but Ill get that cleaned off anyway.

They are cool, great fun, and Im still slightly in two minds about selling, but needs must and all that, or something like that.

drop me a mail if you want any more details, also post in FS section. gray_lang@hotmail.com

Defo worth a look, they handle beautifully, and never fail to provide loads of fun motoring, while being good as an every day car.

Old 18 June 2002, 12:28 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a Teg for about 6 months until it got totalled. Damn shame mine had all the desirables: sports pedals, mats, air con, fogs, tracker and clifford.

I used to commute in it 80 miles a day, noisy but it never annoyed me at all, cant remember the mpg seem to remember something like 35 quid to fill up and 280 miles from a tank.

Cheap to service too. Awesome on track when you keep it on the boil, easily keep up with boxsters etc.

I would look for : worn tyres, stone chipped bonnet(they suffer) um and thats about it. Mine seemed bomb proof, did a fair few miles totally trouble free.

good fun car and very special!

rarely ran on SUL and was fine, need to keep an eye on the oil though. have a look at mine ->

http://www.e4lution.com <-click on my cars
Old 18 June 2002, 01:42 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

why W rated tyre's?
Old 18 June 2002, 02:07 PM
Phill
Scooby Regular

ADP,
Unlucky mate, i take it nobody was hurt !!

Nice car, or at least it was. Shame though thats the first red one i've seen. Funnily enough there usualy black or yellow !! although the yellow is really not my thing !!

Cheers,

Phill
Old 21 June 2002, 03:45 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If its yellow its not a UK car - they NEVER came in yellow.

yep, mine was a belter - all options and top condit, rare red too.

Red IMHO was the best colour of the lot - if you can find one that is - do it.

Now in a scoob, very different beasts I like things about both cars, and yes Id have a teg again theoretically ofcourse(probably not in the real world)

enjoy it when you get it -they have come down a lot in price now