Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

2017 Datsun GTR

Search this Thread

Old 12 July 2017, 02:44 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool 2017 Datsun GTR

Drove one of these the other day and yes it has bags of power but awful to drive on roads that are not perfectly flat, it tramlines and bounces around like a biatch, is this a common trait of these cars or is there something wrong with the factory fit tyres etc?

Once it was on the autobahn and the surface was smoothish then it felt better but down country lanes it was terrible.
Old 12 July 2017, 04:15 PM
steve05wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you sure it wasn't a Nissan?
Old 12 July 2017, 10:47 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

Wikipedia says Nissan re-launched the Datsun name in some countries in 2013. i didn't know that!
Old 13 July 2017, 10:18 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Hmm so no one has driven one then? or is it another case of this car is so perfect I can't possibly be telling the truth about it an not a bad word can be said about it?
Old 13 July 2017, 10:36 AM
steve05wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wurzel
Hmm so no one has driven one then? or is it another case of this car is so perfect I can't possibly be telling the truth about it an not a bad word can be said about it?
Well - on paper they are amazing.
But I never hear good reviews of them - from people that have driven them.
Old 13 July 2017, 11:22 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I have only had a few laps round a track with one and to be honest it was very fast and I enjoyed it.

I then drove a 911 turbo which was probably slower overall but far far more engaging.

I grinned like mad getting out the 911. I nodded respectfully getting out the GTR.
Old 13 July 2017, 06:57 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2009 GT-R was like this, improved a little with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, but too stiff and skippy like a sporty BMW on many rural roads compared to rally replicas with longer travel suspension. 997.1 Turbo rode much better.
Old 13 July 2017, 10:03 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wurzel
Your 1st post is exactly how I felt when I drove the newage STI for the first time... ended up buying the WRX insted... had nothing but slating on here for 10yrs for giving my views... despite the fact that people change just about everything on the STI in a vain attempt to 'fix' them... do anything to a WRX and all you get is slated and told "you should of bought an STI".

Thing is people are too embarrassed to admit they fell for the "Hype" and bought a lemon... guess that's why there are so many 'cough' "Modified" STI's and GTR's.