Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

The sensible runabout.

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2016, 09:06 PM
Kedlestone
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The sensible runabout.

Well as some know I sold the Widetrack a few weeks ago to another enthusiast due to a baby on the way and needing a more daily runabout.

After looking in to lease hires and business leasing I decided I wanted something outright to avoid monthly payments. So I put aside half of the funds from the sale of the Widetrack, roughly 6k, for a decent runabout.

Initially I wanted a navara 05 reg onwards but after seeing a few in the budget and them all being dogs I had to have a rethink.

I moved on to estates but struggled to nail down a specific make and model with so much more choice available in budget. Then a new ad popped up for a B8 Audi A4 Avant 2.0 tdi, only 12 miles from me, so went for a viewing and ended up taking it home!

Only 1 owner from new, FSH, new mot, new tires, new service. Very happy so far, love the modern look, very comfortable, not to bad on diesel at roughly 40mpg so far. Only thing I've found out is I think he discs have some pad deposit build up on them because I get a little wobble felt in the brake pedal under braking at 70-50 mph. Will investigate tomorrow, discs are not to bad from euro car parts so will replace myself if needed.

So far so good, here it is.

Old 01 March 2016, 09:27 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Nice, I have one simlar myself as a daily

2.0 TFSI Quattro s-tronic with stage 1 remap.
Makes a lovely effortless drive.

Old 01 March 2016, 09:31 PM
Kedlestone
Scooby Regular

Very nice, have already looked into a remap from mine also. Anywhere you would recommend? Figures I've seen should give a good deal more torque and roughly 50 more hp for mine.

Did you wrap your trim or was it standard? I know the black models have it as standard. Was toying with the idea of blacking the chrome bits on mine but may just leave it.

Last edited by Kedlestone; 01 March 2016 at 09:33 PM.
Old 01 March 2016, 09:55 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Mines a black edition, (only come with black window frames, roof rails and front grill).
I wanted all the toys like sat nav, mmi, ami, Bluetooth etc, but to try tie all that into to finding a TFSI Quattro with decent mileage and colour took me about 3 months to find lol.

I was going to get a revo type map, but not a fan of a generic map upload as IMO every car is different so I got a custom map from Rick at unicorn developments in Stockport, he's pretty good too and well known on audisport forum.
I'm getting a mates 3ltr diesel mapped off him soon as I get a spare Saturday

Last edited by bustaMOVEs; 01 March 2016 at 09:57 PM.
Old 02 March 2016, 08:51 AM
Kedlestone
Scooby Regular

That's not to far from me, might make some enquirers.

I would have liked sat nav but I couldn't see any B8's that had it in my budget. Not to fussed for now, will just use the iPhone if needed.