Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Ferrari 458 spyder

Client has one . Omfg what a car. You can keep all your Porsches etc

Wow
Old 09 August 2015, 09:17 PM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A close friend has a 2014 458 Italia in grey, yep a serious machine 570 bhp...the gear change....I can't describe
Old 09 August 2015, 09:42 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found it to be a good car but kept comparing to my GT3 and i would not choose it over my GT3 although i am biased. Saying that, any of the Ferrari's I've driven I've not really fell in love with. Maybe i'm just not a Ferrari person. My main problem with F cars and also the 12c is that you can not enjoy them as a daily driver unless you turn everything soft and in gay mode which makes them unexciting to drive. If you want the loud exhaust (not that its a great sound inside the 458) and a fast gear change and slightly less traction control the car then becomes a pain in the neck to drive unless you are above eight tenths. They are jerky and harsh... When you finally get tired you end up putting everything in soft and using Auto mode and you're unexcitingly up into 5th gear a 30mph and driving like granddad. With the GT3 you can have the car in loud, fast or stiff mode whenever you want and still its civilised. The gearbox in the 458 is nowhere near as good in the way it performs or as fast as the GT3

But you can't deny that when you're in the magic zone the 458 is a good car although i still prefer the Lambo's to F cars
Name:  IMG_5367_zpsb826fdxa.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  522.8 KB
Old 09 August 2015, 10:01 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

RB5SCOTT if it was your money, what would you have?? A Lambo Aventador or a Huracan?? Ive seen somewhere before that you have driven both and impressed with both, but if you had to spend your own money on one of these which one, taking consideration that a Aventador is close to £300k and the Huracan is close to £200k!!

Just thinking out loud/dreaming of being in that sort of position to be able to walk into the Lamborghini dealership one day and buying one cash!! Nice to dream anyway
Old 09 August 2015, 10:43 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

Huracan is a fantastic car, modern, fast, great box, fantastic engine and lovely inside. Its a car that you can live with every day although the handling does tend to lean towards understeer. The Aventador is just sheer presence and massively fast above 4500rpm although does feel old now compared to the Huracan, its a wide car too my GT3 is 1900 wide across the rear wheels, My Range is 1970 and the Aventador is a massive 2050.You do not feel this size once moving its just manoeuvring or width restrictions which is basically a no no. Aventador has surprisingly good handling considering its footprint
Old 10 August 2015, 09:10 AM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Aventador is thats wide Pretty sure it would not be allowed in the fast lane on the M1 where the roadworks due to width restriction

Yeah I guess the Huracan would make the better everyday car(even for a supercar) I'd prefer to have a car I can decide to use when ever I want instead of when ever the best situation/conditions for the car, I guess I dont really like a garaged toy/car, I think cars like the Aventador/Huracan etc need to be driven and whats the point of having a supercar if your only going to use it in the summer months(when we get some sun).

So yeah, a Huracan could be used everyday in all weathers, I'll put that top of the lottery win list of cars!!
Old 10 August 2015, 11:35 PM
kennyc
Scooby Regular

More pics of the GT3 please
Old 11 August 2015, 09:53 AM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

Some pics here https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marq...7-991-gt3.html
Old 25 August 2015, 09:41 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by RB5SCOTT
I found it to be a good car but kept comparing to my GT3 and i would not choose it over my GT3 although i am biased. Saying that, any of the Ferrari's I've driven I've not really fell in love with. Maybe i'm just not a Ferrari person. My main problem with F cars and also the 12c is that you can not enjoy them as a daily driver unless you turn everything soft and in gay mode which makes them unexciting to drive. If you want the loud exhaust (not that its a great sound inside the 458) and a fast gear change and slightly less traction control the car then becomes a pain in the neck to drive unless you are above eight tenths. They are jerky and harsh... When you finally get tired you end up putting everything in soft and using Auto mode and you're unexcitingly up into 5th gear a 30mph and driving like granddad. With the GT3 you can have the car in loud, fast or stiff mode whenever you want and still its civilised. The gearbox in the 458 is nowhere near as good in the way it performs or as fast as the GT3

But you can't deny that when you're in the magic zone the 458 is a good car although i still prefer the Lambo's to F cars
oh my life...bloody hell wow. And thats just the rear. lol
Old 26 August 2015, 12:30 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by lozgti1
Client has one . Omfg what a car. You can keep all your Porsches etc

Wow
I'm a Porsche fan, love the GT3, Turbo and GT2 and they would be at the top of my lottery win shopping list but years ago went out in a Ferrari 599 F1 which belonged to a friend of my parents and I was blown away by it, i've never been in anything as fast before or since. There is something special about Ferraris