Sponsored by:

Why do they try?!

Search this Thread

Old 09 September 2001, 01:57 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Id just done my shopping yesterday and was on me way home from Stockport centre when this lovely red Ferrari 348 comes up behind me, 2 guys in their mid twenties and looking all posh (me in tee shirt).
So im going up the duel carriage way (no police can park there as there aint no where to park ) and this Ferrari is up me ****! So lights changed and are on red, Ferrari behind me, lights change, i move off up to about 4k then change gear (no standing start!!) hes still right up behind me so.... ok it had to be done, floored it, so did the Ferrari, left him not alot in it thou and my new Brembo 4 pots dont half bite now alot better up top than the old subaru 4 pots, dont think the guy in the Ferrari was overly impressed thou left by a scoob and a uk one at that (with PPP fitted)
Beautiful car thou, sitting low with cream leather interior and in the only colour id buy one, red suppose he wanted to show me what a super car was but im not complaining, just that i cant afford one
Nice to know that me brakes are alot better than they were before thou

Tony
Old 09 September 2001, 02:14 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Tony,

If you were in the Ferrari wouldn't you have a pop at the Scoobies, I would

Fair play to you doing the Ferrari though, bet they were gutted

Cheers Phill

PS Same sort of thing happened to me with a TVR a while ago. I was well chuffed!!
Old 10 September 2001, 12:15 PM
JKJ2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should imagine a 348 to be easy meat for most Scoobys in a straight line, definitely so in the corners.

Watch the TVR'S though, the 5 litre versions are all awesome dipping into the low 4's in a straight sprint as well as going through the 20 mph increments in about 2.5 secs all the way to 120. One test had the Griffith doing in gear times not that far behind the Mclaren F1, ridiculous when you consider the chasm seperating the two.

Fortunately all that exess means with a corner thrown in along with a bit of damp weather your Scooby is going to a speck on the horizon.