Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Vauxhall movano/ renault master opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03 March 2015, 05:54 AM
joe v3sti
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Vauxhall movano/ renault master opinions

As per the title guys, im looking for ypur opinions and experiences of the latest model movano or master?

My trusted vauxhall vivaro is on 185,000miles now and i fear if i keep pushing her like i am she could break so it might be time for a change. New traffic amd vivaroare no good with thier crappy little engines. I dont have vw or mecedes money

I do approx 50,000 miles per year

Joe
Old 04 March 2015, 10:43 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We use both of these at work and have had them for a couple of years after they replaced the Sprinters
The Vaux and Renaults have the same bodyshells and a lot of other parts but the specs can be different (earlier rens had built in tom tom sat navs, later didn't), stereos keep changing with later ones having bluetooth
The turning circle on these vans is terrible - where a sprinter would do a u-turn the rens and vx have to make a 3 point turn.
The fuel economy is worse than VW sometimes going down to low-mid 20s
The most common problem is the back door hinges - these keep breaking and the doors bow out from the sides of the vans meaning replacement hinges and on 2 of our vans due to bowing the doors have cracked in the middle needing replacement doors!
When we first got the Rens new clutches were going after as little as 2000 miles, these were replaced under warranty and seemed to last (not sure if upgraded clutches were used?).
Electrical problems keep occuring with door open warning beeps (bloody annoying) and dash lights which can't be bypassed.
Don't go for genuine parts as they're expensive - full electric mirror from VX is £340 where a pattern 1 from ebay is £79

I heard a rumour that we might be looking at fords next due to the number of problems with Ren and VX - hope so