seat alhambra 1.9 tdi

Search this Thread

Old 16 July 2014, 04:34 PM
Harty2000
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat alhambra 1.9 tdi

Hi all

Posted this on other forums, but thought it may be worth a go here aswell, as I always had help with my scoob
I have a 2005 Alhambra reference tdi
recently when hitting 3k revs in 4th gear it goes into limp mode. turning off/turning on engine gets it back to normal until it hits that speed again
I have plugged my obd reader and produces no codes.
I never really noticed before, but when I turn ignition on and the cycle of dash lights comes on, there are some lights missing, including the check engine light.
I have tried all the fuses and replaced any that I thought may have gone, and no joy at all with the exception of the missing esp coming on ocassionally.
I know the limp mode may/should be throwing up some codes and maybe easier to get to the bottom of the problem if the car was actually able to display a check engine light

Any help would be much appreciated
Old 16 July 2014, 05:16 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep checking the codes regularly. Though I'd check the fuses first...

My guess would be clogged turbo vanes - but it's supposed to register an overpressure fault. Any good local VAG indies?
Old 16 July 2014, 05:58 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

What version of engine does it have?

Preferably the 3 digit code....like BTB, ASZ, AUY etc. (found on the build sheet sticker on the first page of the service manual or in the spare wheel area).

As a blind guess that it has a 8valve PD engine it probably is a boost issue, some higher output versions have suffer from sticky turbo vanes, but it could easily be a leaky hose or a clogged/duff solonoid. However usually that produces fault codes.

If its the older non-PD unit, then it could be the high pressure pump dying. Sometimes faulty/badly installed (not sealing)/clogged fuel filters can do all sorts of weirdness too which can affect the TDi, PD and CR engines.

Last edited by ALi-B; 16 July 2014 at 06:01 PM.