Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

Fuel and Taxation Protest

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2008, 02:34 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel and Taxation Protest

Well due to my inifnate wisdom i thought it would be a good idea to organize a fuel and tax protest.

anyway i did a website - ok its crap i know but hey i'm no web designer.
and have around 50 people signed up just from Scoobynet so far.
It has been posted on P-heads, SIDC, MLR, FTO-owners, as well as various forums.

It might count for nothing but all it will take is a day out of your life.
Surely it would be worth trundling down the M1 if i can get 200 people.

If you are not bothered or are loaded then fine but if like me you are fed up with it all then stick your name down.

Any help with organization or anything with that matter would be much appreciated.

Thanks for listening chaps (and lasses)

Official Fuel And Tax Protest

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...ml#post7767110
Old 31 March 2008, 08:00 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Come on Smacs
Old 31 March 2008, 06:16 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

I understand you sentiment Carl, but driving slowly down to London and around the M25 to protest against the cost of fuel tax will cost me about 2 tanks of petrol, 473 miles and about 8 hours 16 mins!
from:B6104/Compstall Rd @53.415260, -2.074950 to:A57 @53.386020, -1.623010 to:M1 @53.301658, -1.289331 to:M25 @51.687861, 0.064094 to:M25 @51.286540, 0.121240 to:M25 @51.447230, -0.526700 to:M40 @51.610112, -0.788321 to:M40 @52.284540, -1.663780 to:M
Can't we drive round the M60 instead?
Old 31 March 2008, 07:04 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Chris its about taking a stand, you know it might come to nothing but as a nation we normally just moan about it yet sit there and take it. well i have sent e-mails to my councillors and Michael Meacher which is my local MP - believe it or not he had replied.

The way i see it is this, if you are happy paying the fuel and various other rises or are loaded then fine, but like me if you are just down right fecked off with as a motorist getting screwed then do something.

If it means just a spot on a local news programme then fine but anything to make them stand up and take notice then that will do for me.

Ayrshire Scoobies have given me their full support, including a sticky on their forum and permission to put a link on my support page.

It would have been nice to have had a bit more support from my home club

Thanks.
Old 31 March 2008, 07:13 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

It would have been nice to have had a bit more support from my home club
It would've been nice to tell the main organisers behind your home club what you were planning!

What are you planning exactly? On the other thread, there is talk of blocking lanes of major roads in the south of England! Can you afford to get locked up and your car impounded? I can't.
A clear idea of what you intend to do as the spokesman for all the people that have signed up so far will go a long way to showing your local club that it's a well planned, well thought out fuel tax protest.
Otherwise it's just a bunch of people driving round in cars, trying to cause an obstruction to other road users, that happens every weekend on industrial estates and mcdonalds carparks across the country, and most middle-aged, law abiding, boring fathers of two don't support that sort of thing!
Good luck with whatever you've got planned, let me know what it might be.

edited to add: could you change your profile on the side, as it looks like you actually have a performance car to be moaning about paying it's higher rate of tax and the extra money it's costing you to run. You've only mentioned so far that your "going" in your mondeo, not that you've no longer got your scooby.

Last edited by cw42; 31 March 2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 31 March 2008, 09:54 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Does it matter that i have a Scooby - well to you obviously it does, oh and its not a diesel btw its a 2.0 Si it still drinks petrol and costs me a lot more. it is not a Scooby run its a protest against taxation on road tax and fuel. it doesn't matter what car i drive i can still have an opinion - and no i wont change my profile.

I didn't think i had to ask permission from the main organizers of the Smacs whoever that maybe. the Smacs is run by a collective number of people not a handful, everyone puts their input and contributes to teh club (however small) i did the website and i've had quite a bit of support if i can only get 100 cars then so be it.

Its not about being obstructive, i intend to drive along the first lane and not obstruct anyone, if i get locked up then so be it - but i doubt i will

No doubt there may have been a few PM's being thrown about slating me and no doubt a few sniggers hoping i fall flat on my face (which i might) and yes i'm not exactly the best organizer on the country but **** it time to take a stand and give it my best shot.

I am a little dissapointed and if the general consensus is that i'm looked down with disdain because i 'only' drive a Mundano because i cant afford a Subaru or a nice performance car then i dont really want to be part of a club that feels that way.

Sorry guys but i'm a little p***ed with this at the moment.

Last edited by The Chief; 31 March 2008 at 10:14 PM.
Old 31 March 2008, 11:05 PM
IRC450STI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Chief
Does it matter that i have a Scooby - well to you obviously it does, oh and its not a diesel btw its a 2.0 Si it still drinks petrol and costs me a lot more. it is not a Scooby run its a protest against taxation on road tax and fuel. it doesn't matter what car i drive i can still have an opinion - and no i wont change my profile.

I didn't think i had to ask permission from the main organizers of the Smacs whoever that maybe. the Smacs is run by a collective number of people not a handful, everyone puts their input and contributes to teh club (however small) i did the website and i've had quite a bit of support if i can only get 100 cars then so be it.

Its not about being obstructive, i intend to drive along the first lane and not obstruct anyone, if i get locked up then so be it - but i doubt i will

No doubt there may have been a few PM's being thrown about slating me and no doubt a few sniggers hoping i fall flat on my face (which i might) and yes i'm not exactly the best organizer on the country but **** it time to take a stand and give it my best shot.

I am a little dissapointed and if the general consensus is that i'm looked down with disdain because i 'only' drive a Mundano because i cant afford a Subaru or a nice performance car then i dont really want to be part of a club that feels that way.

Sorry guys but i'm a little p***ed with this at the moment.
Well said mate cos its about all cars not just scoobs etc, and im sure there is 100s if not 1000s of people behind you on this KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK where & when we will all be there
Old 31 March 2008, 11:33 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by IRC450STI
Well said mate cos its about all cars not just scoobs etc, and im sure there is 100s if not 1000s of people behind you on this KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK where & when we will all be there

Thanks for your support
Old 01 April 2008, 04:21 AM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Chief, I'll give you a call when I get up today, I can't be arsed getting my comments and suggestions misconstrued by stupid smileys and the like on the forum again.
Old 06 April 2008, 11:23 AM
stressymare
Scooby Regular

put me down Carl

Old 06 April 2008, 11:35 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stressymare
put me down Carl

Ok dokey