Notices
Northern (England) Northern Meetings & Events

Keighley Trade Sports & Performance??? and other places?

Search this Thread

Old 05 December 2007, 11:29 PM
flashgordon666
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keighley Trade Sports & Performance??? and other places?

hi ive been looking for a subaru for years and now im old enough and got some cash its time to buy one.

I went to visit Keighley Trade Sports & Performance saw a couple most where pretty knacked up, but one was really nice but now ive seen the reviews of the place ouch im gutted.

Any how im still on the look out and ive seen some at other places can anyone recommand?.
AP Sports and Prestige - Quality Used Cars in Blackburn
is this place any good???

blackburnmotorvillage?
Staple Hill Motors?
ma-sports.co.uk ive heard this place is rubbish mate took a subaru for a ride and the turbo was smoking also no v5's with some cars.

can anyone suggest any good places are is it simply for £4k you cant get sh*t.
Old 06 December 2007, 12:22 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

yeah you can mate, but to be honest i wouldn't bother with a stealer at that price i sold mine which apart from a scratch on the bumper was mint with fssh, for 4200 quid, i'd buy privately from an enthusiast. bear in mind though although you can pick them up cheap, they are not cheap to run.

budget over a grand a year just for maintanance alone
Old 06 December 2007, 12:30 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Its a buyers market out there, take someone who knows what they're on about, dont buy a chavved up poorley tuned one, if it means walking away a few times, so be it but you will get one mate
Old 06 December 2007, 12:44 AM
moneys
Scooby Regular

look on the for sale section in here, you can look at the sellers previous posts to find out how good his car actually is then
Old 06 December 2007, 09:48 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

would keep away from blackburn motor village, viewed a car the other week there and wasnt too impressed. Looks like some nice cars there and the website says they have had some nice expensive cars (lamborghini etc) but when you get to the place I thought, hmmm dont think so. (although the evo they had in looked ok )

Car I went to view had 69000 genuine! miles on the clock, had just had an mot and was a 1997 v6 calibra. Bodywork was very bad, engine was very bad and not right and drove like a pig, leather intertior was not a 69000 mile interior. No way it would pass a "legitimate" mot as the brakes were binding and the ridges on the brake discs were that bad they needed a high step warning on them.

Try japperfomance in bradford Jap Performance

Seen a few of their cars and seem to be quite clean and well maintained. Know someone who got a nice wrx from them and it is a very nice car.
Old 06 December 2007, 11:20 AM
flashgordon666
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Chief

budget over a grand a year just for maintanance alone
you mean if stuff fails like gearbox, timing belt.

thasnk for your replies
Old 06 December 2007, 11:21 AM
monkeysan
Scooby Regular

Keighley Trade i would avoid like the plague!

i've seen so much **** and horror stories come out that place that i wouldnt trust them with a Raleigh Mag TBH
Old 06 December 2007, 01:43 PM
AlanPPP
Scooby Regular

Buy privately mate..Somone off here would be ideal.

If 4K is your budget that is ok i've just bought mine for 4K and it's a good un.

Don't be put off by mods though as you will only end up wanting to do them yourself and it's a lot easyer than paying for them yourself!

Try and get a nice WRX import.Maybe 94,95,96 with a either a decent service history off a reputable garage ie Scoobyclinic..Roger Clarke etc or off somone who has done it themselves with the best gear..NGK plugs..the best oil etc.

If you can get one which has been remapped or budget £600 for this as otherwise you will have to run the car on Super unleaded plus octane booster to make the RON rating what it should be for the car to run at it's best and not blow up.

The better looked after scooby you get the less you will have to pay out whilst you own it..might be an idea to spend just that little bit more to get a minter.
Old 06 December 2007, 01:45 PM
AlanPPP
Scooby Regular

Mods that i would consider best are...Boost Gauge..REMAP...Full exhaust system with no CATS and maybe an induction kit.With these and a remap you will have a safe/fast car that will last if you look after it.

Remap should help the MPG too which is fuking rubbish But worth it
Old 06 December 2007, 01:45 PM
AlanPPP
Scooby Regular

Oh and 4 pot brakes!
Old 10 December 2007, 10:19 AM
GraceCourt2
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by flashgordon666
Any how im still on the look out and ive seen some at other places can anyone recommand?.
AP Sports and Prestige - Quality Used Cars in Blackburn
is this place any good???
No... I've just obtained judgement against them in the County Court and, because they haven't paid up (can't pay??), a Warrant of Execution has been issued and the Bailiffs will go in any day now.

So, if you still want a car... :-)
Old 13 December 2007, 12:21 AM
SJJura
Scooby Newbie

Hi Flash,

As you can see I joined up here years ago but it's only in the last 6-12 months I've been looking to buy now I have enough money to do so.

I have visited some of the places mentioned in this thread and your other threads. I don't feel comfortable posting my views in public so I have PM'd you. Unless something falls into my lap I may be looking at passing up my teenage Impreza dream and just getting on with something else due to the dishonesty, shrouded truths and downright bull**** that surrounds the import Impreza game in my experience.

SJ
Old 13 December 2007, 08:28 PM
mark04sti
Scooby Newbie

keighly centre messed me about somewhat rotten with an sti that was coming from abroad. trust me when i say it was worse than moving house and spouse at the same time!